Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Solarbotics gearmotor/rotary encoder delivers...

Posted by Forrest Higgs 
Solarbotics gearmotor/rotary encoder delivers...
September 10, 2007 01:40PM
I finally got the solarbotics gearmotor/rotary encoder ensemble firmware that drives the axes on Tommelise 1.0 running where it delivers < 0.1 mm slewing errors for long sequences of short line segments.

[www.3dreplicators.com]
Re: Solarbotics gearmotor/rotary encoder delivers...
September 10, 2007 02:05PM
Well done, have you got plans for the gears?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 10, 2007 02:12PM
nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well done, have you got plans for the gears?

Yup. I wrote code to generate the perimeters in VB.NET 2005 prior writing the script to do the same thing for AoI in JavaBeans. I've rewritten that and am going directly from VB.NET to input for the Slice and Dice software. Right now, I'm going to just see if I can print the perimeter. After that I will generate infill for the gears.
September 10, 2007 02:17PM
Perhaps you be the first to print an FDM clock smiling smiley

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 10, 2007 02:46PM
LOL! Gearboxes to get some better rotational rates than I can with bought gearmotors is more what I have in mind. :-P
September 16, 2007 07:31PM
Acutally, I have been thinking a lot about the kinds of mechanical constructs that we will be able to build via FDM- especially interesting is the material from the book _507 Mechanical Movements_ (see [historical.library.cornell.edu] for a free online version, in PDF) which has a whole range of interesting gear trains, etc., much of which we should be able to reproduce in the object library. I imagine having something like this available so that designers can easily "plug in" solutions to design problems based on proven RepRap-able objects.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login