Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

asant Build Failing

Posted by Squintz 
asant Build Failing
December 01, 2007 11:41AM
I'm trying to build the source on a windows vista installation. I've followed all the instructions for installing the Java SDK and I am getting this build error. I think I have a classpath wrong or something. The compiler does not know where to find javax.media.j3d and I am not sure where to tell it to look.

[echo] Reprap: C:\Users\David Powell\Software\RepRap\reprap-host-src-0.8.1\reprap-host-src-0.8.1\build.xml
[javac] Compiling 72 source files to C:\Users\David Powell\Software\RepRap\reprap-host-src-0.8.1\reprap-host-src-0.8.1\bin
[javac] C:\Users\David Powell\Software\RepRap\reprap-host-src-0.8.1\reprap-host-src-0.8.1\src\org\reprap\Printer.java:5: package javax.media.j3d does not exist
[javac] import javax.media.j3d.*;
Re: asant Build Failing
December 01, 2007 06:36PM
Never mind. I figured it out. I had to manually install the j3d and rxtx packages because they were being installed into the wrong folders for some reason. It wanted to install them in C:\Program Files\Java\... and I needed them in C:\Sun\... I'm not really sure how I ended up with two different install folders. Maybe somone here can shed some light on the subject.

Am I supposed to be using the C:\Program Files\Java... installation as my JDK? I simply installed the latest JDK in the default directories on Windows Vista and ended up with two different directories. C:\Sun was automatically added to my Environment variables which is why I am using that one. I guess I could add an environment variable to the other instead since all the documentation refers to that directory. Whats the deal?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login