Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap software manual

Posted by Lionel 
reprap software manual
January 15, 2011 09:29AM
I cannot find a manual (or a wiki or anything of the sort) to explain how the reprap software works and what the different parameters are.
It is quite straightforward to understand how to load an STL file and all, but I cannot quite get the meaning of all the tweaking parameters.
Also, I just succesfully finished my very first print test (YEs !!!! smiling smiley even though there was no filament yet) and now the machine is parked and waiting, apparently still warming up the extruder for nothing. It seems like a designed feature, but without a manual I have no way to know if it really is.
Re: reprap software manual
January 15, 2011 10:02AM
How hard did you look? eye rolling smiley

Mendel User Manual: Host Software

Java Software Preferences File

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 15, 2011 04:14PM
not hard enough it seems... my mistake! winking smiley
Thanks for the link. It could be good to show it from the software installation page, I'll add it.

It doesn't seem like there is any info about the ending of a print though. What happens when the print is finished? My version of the code places the Y-axis at its maximum value, parks the extruder and waits. It looks fine to me, except that the extruder keeps heating and there is no 'finish' message.
January 15, 2011 04:33PM
Link added in the 'further reading' section
January 15, 2011 04:38PM
I use Skeinforge, move the head up 5mm and then to X = 100, Y = 200 (bed sticking out).
No, the Host never shows as finished but you can load the next gcode file and start the Print without any problems.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login