Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change host to use E_STEPS_PER_MM of feedstock rather than extrudate?

Posted by AgeingHippy 
Change host to use E_STEPS_PER_MM of feedstock rather than extrudate?
March 16, 2011 08:25AM
Hello All

I have converted to Skeinforge 40 which requires the Extruder steps per mm in the firmware to be for the feedstock rather than for the extrudate (is there such a word?).

I still use RepRap host to send the gcode to my printer, and also to jig the axis etc when required.

The extrude function on the host sends the instructions in terms of extrudate length rather than feedstock length.

Does anyone know what variable I can change to reflect my firmware change?

Currently I have to exit a file manually, load and print the file each time I want to extrude a little, which is becoming a little tiresome.

As an aside, does anyone know of a more stable platform to use rather than RepRap host? It is extremely sensitive and has no recovery mode... I endu up having to reset the printer and restart the host a number of times when debuging my hardware sad smiley
Re: Change host to use E_STEPS_PER_MM of feedstock rather than extrudate?
March 16, 2011 09:01AM
Use the new skirt function and you will never have to press the "Extrude" button again! winking smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
March 16, 2011 09:23AM
I use repsnapper to send g-codes from skeinforge 040.

BTW, the skirt function doesn't seem to work well with support. It prints right over the support. I'm guessing that I need to change the order but I haven't tried it yet.
March 16, 2011 10:27AM
rhmorrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Use the new skirt function and you will never have
> to press the "Extrude" button again! winking smiley

I wish.

Unfortunately I had a slipping feed again last night (not sure why) and need to jig the extruder this way and that to re-prime/load new filament into it.

My question still stands if anyone has the know-how...

Re Skirt - the head moves right accross the print area, leaking plastic into it sad smiley Previously the outline function would start at the corner closest to the home position. I have not looked, but I assume there is a setting for where the skirt should start...
March 17, 2011 04:56PM
anyone have the knowledge?
March 17, 2011 10:59PM
Just set your extruder feedrate in Host much lower, something like 150 mm/min, then use the extruder tab as normal.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login