Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G-Code for Faster Warm Ups?

Posted by LordFly 
G-Code for Faster Warm Ups?
April 25, 2019 05:53PM
My printer is a bit of an oddball (the now abandoned Ecksbot). It's a great machine, but the bed takes about 10 minutes to reach 110°, whereas the extruder only takes about 3 minutes to get up to 260°. The slicer programs always seem to heat one, then the other, and I hate it! Sitting there waiting for things to warm up is the worst. What I always do to save some time is manually start the bed heater, and when it gets to about 100°, I manually start heating the extruder, THEN I hit print. Everything gets up to temp at about the same time, and it saves me 3 minutes of waiting about. But it's a manual process, and I don't like it. I would like to add some start g-code to do it for me, but I don't know if it can even be done. Here are the steps I would like to do:

1. Heat bed to 90% of set temp (a fixed value could work I suppose, but a percentage would be better when changing bed temps for different materials)
2. Heat extruder to set temp
3. heat bed to 100% of set temp
4. Start print

I think I can figure out 2 - 4, but I don't know how to heat the bed up to 90% of temp. It could also work fairly well if I could heat it to (set temp - specific temp), so that the extruder always started heating 15° before the bed reaches temp. Anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login