Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PIC programming using PICSTART PLUS

Posted by Shaeeb 
PIC programming using PICSTART PLUS
February 11, 2008 07:59AM
Hi Guys,
This is going to sound really silly but i cant seem to get the PICs programmed using the Picstart Plus MPLab with just the .hex files. Ive tried but never done it before without the source files? if a dummies guide is available i would love the help.

Kind Regards

Shaeeb
Re: PIC programming using PICSTART PLUS
February 11, 2008 09:30AM
What PIC are you using and where did you download the pic firmware I assume it was from source forge which is for the 16f628 if you have the 16f648 or the 16f648a you will need to have somebody compile you the firmware for the 16f648.

Bruce Wattendorf
February 11, 2008 03:13PM
In MPlab open the Hex file, go to the file menu choose open then make the file types box to "all files" open the relevant hex file you will get a new window open with a load of hex numbers starting 0200 on line 1 then simply set the programmer to Picstart Plus and hit the program button, I don't have the picstart but this works for the ICD2

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
February 12, 2008 05:37AM
Hi,
I tried using winpic to try and compile or load the .hex file but it did not have support for picstart plus.

I tried doing it that way Ian but it would not work because it did not have the source file for it to compile the project.

However, i have worked it out: the .hex file has to be imported as opposed to opened into MPlab and then useing the program button works.

Thanx for the replies and help.

Shaeeb (",)
I am wanting to use Picstart Plus with Winpic too.

Did you find a solution? Winpic will allow you to enter a roll your own serial programmer but I do not want to fry the Programmer in the process
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login