Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you use GCode_Host.pde with Arduino?

Posted by emt 
emt
How do you use GCode_Host.pde with Arduino?
February 27, 2008 10:52AM
Hi

I have compiled and uploaded GCode_Interpreter.pde to the Arduino.

Do you then have to load & compile GCode_Host.pde?

If I do I get an error:-

error: 'String' does not name a type In function 'void setup()':
In function 'void draw()':
At global scope:

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Ian
Re: How do you use GCode_Host.pde with Arduino?
February 27, 2008 11:05AM
yo.

okay, first off... GCode_Host.pde is a Processing sketch. Processing is sort of a father project to Arduino. the use a similar interface. Processing is for building host side apps. Download the latest copy of processing from processing.org

secondly, once you compile it, this is seriously the most basic app ever. no joke.

processing doesnt support file dialogs or anything yet, so it looks for the file 'job.gcode' in the sketch's data directory. it will send that to the arduino line by line.

good luck.

ps. this is just temporary. i'm looking to actually take the processing and/or arduino software code, strip out their stuff, and start building a reprap gcode host for us. i'm looking for a good name as well if anyone has ideas. "reprap gcode host" just doesnt cut it, lol.
emt
February 27, 2008 12:48PM
Hi Zach

That works, thanks.

Regards

Ian
Anonymous User
March 16, 2008 06:45PM
Hi,

When I attempt to run the processing sketch (gcode host) I get this error:

Semantic Error: No accessible method with signature "match(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)" was found in type "Temporary_9151_8377".

I know processing has a String match method, and others have obviously gotten past this, so...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance.

-balm
March 17, 2008 04:47PM
well, that processing sketch is very crude. are you sure you're running it from the Processing host (and not the Arduino host?)

other than that, i'd say wait a week or two until i merge my gcode stuff with the main host software (or run the subversion branche version in reprap/trunk/users/hoeken/gcode_host
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login