Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Keene NH

Posted by Twistlok 
Keene NH
March 30, 2009 10:22AM
Hello
Anybody from the Tri-State area in here?

I am currently building a McWire variant RepRap machine, with a different twist on materials. I want to use as many salvaged parts as possible. For instance, the aluminum channels that surround old sliding glass doors from a solar project i have going will supply all my rails for the X Y & Z axis. The base flange that supports the Z axis that i got at home depot looked like a warped bicycle rim, so we turned one out on the lathe. Also, i substituted an aluminum heatsink plate from an old projection tv for the plexiglass one on the Z axis.
I'm just starting out, so thats all for now.
I look forward to chatting in the future.

Ron
Re: Keene NH
March 18, 2010 12:17PM
I'm in Burlington, VT. Just getting started and gathering parts needed. I'm leaning toward the extruded aluminum design as I can't print any vertexes, plus I'll probably make the printable area larger, so I can print intake and exhaust manifold flanges to prototype designs.

My eventual goal is to learn enough to build a CNC plasma cutting table.
March 04, 2011 10:26PM
Hi guys,

I'm in North Adams MA. I'm a software consultant with an interest in machining, electronics, metalworking etc. I have decided to build a machine with my 10 year old son Zack, hopefully if I can drag him away from the xBox. I started building the boards and am looking into machining the printable parts with a router, miter saw and drill press. I tend to go overboard when I get involved in a project so I hope to have some contributions to the community as soon as I get my first machine built and working.
Best

Gary Lyons
March 04, 2011 10:49PM
I started building the boards and am looking into machining the printable parts with a router, miter saw and drill press.

http://reprap.org/wiki/What_Tooling_Do_You_Have? grinning smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
I am from southern Worcester County, and am presently trying to learn AOI and OpenSCAD to I'll know what the heck I'm doing when I get a printer set up.
May 18, 2012 05:59PM
I am from Swanzey, NH which is just south of Keene.

I am almost done building my first printer, a prusa mendel. Is there anyone in the area who would be willing to give me a hand with some of the electronics?

Thanks,
Alex
May 19, 2012 03:36PM
Hey there,

I started building the electronics last summer. I chose at the time to go with geeration 3
[reprap.org]

Never finished up. So I don't know if I can be of any help as you should probably start with one of the newer electronics packages.

BTW I'm buiding the MendelMAX, have the frame done and just looking for the time to finish up.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login