Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Up In Paso Robles!

Posted by joe 
joe
Up In Paso Robles!
September 17, 2009 10:36AM
Hi all, I was jsut checking out the Reprap forum and I found the Central Coast Group! I have been interested in 3D printing for about 15 years and the Reprap seems like the best way for me to get my own machine. Aside from designing medical devices, I also manage a little machine shop up in Paso called Figueroa Machining. I have been doing CNC mill programming for over 6 years and am proficient in Gibbscam, Solidworks, Mastercam, and I just started using Alibre. BTW, Alibre is completely free forever! The unlimited use demo version allows you to export .STL files and is very similar to Solidworks in it's funstion as an engineering software. From what I've seen, I will probably try a build with the Mcwire repstrap. It seems like the lowest cost/easiest to understand setup. Drop me an email, it's good to see people interested in this that actually live close by!
Re: Up In Paso Robles!
September 28, 2009 01:48AM
Hi Joe, I've been "working" with some friends of mine on a repstrap (working as in I've done everything so far, and the others will do... um, something! The extruder I hope). We call it a CalFab 1, and we yes, the name is horribly bland xD.

I'll drop you an e-mail, just posting in case for whatever reason you don't see an e-mail.
April 06, 2011 01:13PM
Are you guys still working on builds? I too just got turned on to RepRap...made a new post in the forum...I work in Paso, but live in Atascadero.

Drop me a reply if you are still active!
Here in Goleta
April 06, 2011 05:32PM
I am new to this forum but I am very interested in building a RepRap. I would really like to hear how it has worked for anybody who has tried it.
I am a medical device mechanical designer in Goleta and I use Solidworks. We have a 3D printer for the company and it is great. The ability to design and fabricate parts in such a short time is a big advantage.

Hope somebody out there has had some luck with building one and is willing to pass along their experience.
July 20, 2011 01:43PM
Hey all.
Work in paso,
live in pismo
Getting a prusa in the next week.
In transit now smiling smiley
I cant wait.
Its nice to see there is a local group around here,
The central coast seems to lag behind some of the cutting edge stuff.
Except for us of course!
-E
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login