Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cricut Automatic Paper Cutter - Hackable?

Posted by jcabrer 
How do you connect a design to the cricut machine if you don't want to use the cartridges?
Hi Susan & KGroce,
Did you have any luck with this? I'm so disappointed, I missed all the press about the SCAL lawsuit and just bought a cricut with hopes of creating my own original designs. I didn't find out until now that SCAL is no longer available. I would be very greatful to anyone that can help me figure out how to create my own images to send to my cricut. Thank you all for your help!

Liz
edavies23@yahoo.com
I know what you mean Liz. I am in the same boat with a recently purchased Cricut Cake machine. I did all the research on the software programs and then by the time I found a great deal on the machine Provo Craft had blocked them all. I too would really appreciate any help finding a functioning copy of SCAL, Make the Cut or Fairy Cut that still works with Cricut. If anyone would rather advise me privately here's my e-mail address:

annotheroriginal@comcast.net
if you find anyone with version 2 of the software I think that works. I would be perfectly willing to purchase version 3 and use version 2 to try and fulfill their EULA
Anyway If you find something let me know
Re: Cricut Automatic Paper Cutter - Hackable?
September 03, 2011 11:54PM
If someone could develop a way to convert the .pcgf files, I would definitely pay for it! Also, I would like someone to share the steps of how to trace the images to svg with me. Thank you so much!
OttOiOttO
October 14, 2011 03:56AM
Thanks Anon,
That torrent is working great but I wonder if you or anyone else can point me to the Mac's version ?
how do i do that?
October 26, 2011 01:00AM
I'd like to know as well if it can be done on a mac...i have a disc of a copy but can't get it loaded. Not very tech savvy.
I am looking for the file that makes the MTC work with the bug cutter (that is what I call it now cause it just bugs me to look at it ) cry. If any want to contact me by private email I would appreciate it.

pearlywhitesmile at gmail. com
I wish I could figure all this out...I have the trial version of SCAL 2 that I really really need someone to teach me or tell me how to "fix" it so I can use it...(the trial expired)...HELP I don't know where to turn. You can find SCAL on PirateBay but it's version one the main difference is you can't make and cut your own designs with version one you can only cut fonts and a few basic shapes...I need version TWO
Diana
November 13, 2011 02:26AM
MarkPhxAz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maintaining font cartridge sales isn't a good
> excuse. In the early days, Steve Jobs kept Apple
> closed to all but Apple company products which
> made Bill Gates a very rich man. I wonder how many
> people haven't bought a Cricut because of the over
> priced cartridges. If they sold an interface
> software package that used True Type fonts the
> machines would fly off the shelves. Then they
> could focus on development of the Cricut II or
> Cricut Mega.

That is just why I will NEVER buy another ProvoCraft Product of any kind...How dare they try to limit my creativity...now if someone can help me with my little problem with SCAL 2 they can contact me at dwolls 4223 @ gmail.com just take out the blanks
rachel
November 17, 2011 12:49PM
A little searching on astatalk.com will solve your problem!
i also have the trial of scal2 for mac but i want to know how do i turn that into the full version so it stops cutting lines through surely this is hackable, anyone can help me?
rottiemania
November 20, 2011 09:47PM
I found with a little research that you can make the cricut still compatible with MTC product. I am still looking for SCAL solution but I am happy that this works. Do a search for the PCCPlugin.dll file, download it and place it in the plugin folder of MTC product. It works. I tried it first on the trial version to make sure it works and now I will be purchasing my license. It sucks that Cricut could not find a happy middle ground so that all their customers could be happy with their product. I had intended on purchasing my favorite cartridges from time to time, because I am not rich. But now they will not get anymore of my money for being so greedy.
Does anyone have a working link to the pccplug.dll.....I want to buy SCAL 3 to cut truetype fonts that match fonts I am using with my embroidery machine. I just bought my Cricut and I think I am starting to hate it.
hay everyone I am trying to halp my gf with her cricut machine, she is not very wealthy ang 50 bucks a cartridge is expensive. I have tried looking for the pccplugin file but cant find it. Can someone take the time to email me and point me in the right direction? Thanks..
rottiemania Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I found with a little research that you can make
> the cricut still compatible with MTC product. I
> am still looking for SCAL solution but I am happy
> that this works. Do a search for the
> PCCPlugin.dll file, download it and place it in
> the plugin folder of MTC product. It works. I
> tried it first on the trial version to make sure
> it works and now I will be purchasing my license.
> It sucks that Cricut could not find a happy middle
> ground so that all their customers could be happy
> with their product. I had intended on purchasing
> my favorite cartridges from time to time, because
> I am not rich. But now they will not get anymore
> of my money for being so greedy.

would you be kind enough to share the step by step process to make the MTC work on cricut, my email is [email protected][/b]
Try searching for a torrent of Make The Cut version 2 demo (its still available with a little searching). I believe that Version 1 did not use plugin files but version 2 did. Version 3 uses plugins but does not include the ppcplugin.dll file.

Install the version 2 software and then copy the ppcplugin.dll plugin file to another location.

Upgrade to Make The Cut version 3 and copy the ppcplugin.dll file to the plugins folder.

Let me know how you make out.
I have been SEARCHING for MTC for Expression ... can ANYONE PLZ Help?????? emodels at live com
I spent days searching torrents to no avail... help??
rachel
December 25, 2011 05:28AM
you will find everything you need on astatalk.com
What? Isn't it amazing how we take spelling and grammar for granted?
Where is the xml file? Design studio? gypsy? Is there a software to decode this file or will a simple windows program do the job?

I have a Gypsy and wish to use all the design cartridges that have been dowloaded via an upgrade but it tells me that I DO NOT have ownership. Thankyou for any help
There is a guy (J Ragon) on Ebay he's auctioning the PCCPlugin.dll file for 4.99. I got mine yesterday for $8.24. The turn around time is amazing. I paid for mine at about 2pm and received the download by 5pm. I have yet to try it out though. I plan on doing it tonight. Once I'm done I will post again. It says to download free trial first of MTC... it will put lines in your work though. I'm guessing the PCCPlugin.dll file will make sure the lines arent there. The file comes with instructions and the actual download. Wish me luck. As I am wishing the same for you all.
The plugin file will not remove the lines. You have to upgrade the MTC program and buy the license to get the lines removed. The plugin file allows the MTC program to communicate with the Cricut machine.
Can someone help me locate the PCCPlugin.dll file download and information please.

My email pastriesbyangela@aol.com

Thanks
February 04, 2012 11:15PM
didn't watch entire video, but according to the title, it's the '1st cricut hack'... good luck!
http://wn.com/1st_Cricut_Hack

also, have just ordered a plug-in that allows you to use your cricket to cut ANY image your heart desires (attached Webpage file). haven't received mine yet, but did check reviews & out of the 182 of them, all but one gave 5 star rating. i'm guessing it works smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2012 11:47PM by jackthehacker.
Attachments:
open | download - hfgcllc eBay.html (110.1 KB)
February 21, 2012 01:57PM
Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter is an innovative die-cutting machine from Provo Craft. As the largest of the Cricut machines. Its 6 modes and 4 functions offer greater customization of cuts, and new settings and menus add functionality to the machine. IT is portable and cuts quickly and easily. Just select the image you want and press CUT! You won’t have to worry about storing expensive and bulky dies.It is a very good tool...you will be amazed....

one of the best Cricut Accessories
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login