Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

die cutting

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
die cutting
August 13, 2008 09:47AM
hi this will be the new intro for the die cutting page on thomasnet, what are some opinions.

Die cutting is a type of manufacturing used to create a large amount of objects of the same shape, the process can be analog or CNC. A die is the tool used to cut and shape the object, they are sharp blades bent to the desired shape. The operations are often named after the die that performs the job, such as blanking , shaving, broaching and trimming. Rotary die cutting is uses a cylindrical die and steel rule die cutting uses a bandsaw or laser cutter. Die cut materials can range from paper, rubber and wood, to metal and glass. The blade is the most meticulously crafted piece of die cutting equipment, the die must be shaped precisely to cut effectively and generate minimal scrap waste.
Re: die cutting
August 13, 2008 10:28AM
I would not include laser cutting under the die cutting heading. Neither would I include broaching or bandsawing. I'd say that if it's not a shaped blade cutting a shape into or out of flat stock then it not die cutting.
August 13, 2008 10:28AM
sid
August 13, 2008 06:55PM
the common altitude of a standard airplane is well below the one of a satellite,
that being said:

Blue is greener than red

'sid
September 18, 2008 12:47PM
thanks for the feedback, good call on the headings.
September 16, 2010 05:37AM
I supply waterjet cutting machine from China with high quality and competitive price , if you're looking for it pls feel free to contact me directly at kelvinguo@syfos.com for further information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login