Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABS (some) colours available from LYBINA - free trial material *with conditions

Posted by SNOMANN 
ABS (some) colours available from LYBINA - free trial material *with conditions
March 19, 2012 08:12PM
Hello to the Group,

Thank you all so much for your support for our products and patience whilst we are still setting up the colours.

Good news, We have found an ABS compatible colour supplier and we have (today) run some Yellow and Green 3.0mm ABS.

We will be extruding some Purple and Red later for trial.

We would like to invite anyone with a 3.0mm extrusion head to grab some sample material and let me know how it goes we will be making 5 x 25 Mtr bags of each colour available for trial.

1st condition is we need your feed back before we release this for sale, just in case its good or it needs more work.

2nd condition is you have to pay transport or you need to come in to Bayswater Victoria to pick it up.

Our office number is 03 97614070

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

-SNO-
I just chatted with Jeremy on the phone a little while ago. Amazingly, he said that I was the first person to call up asking for it.

What? How can that be? A local supplier is giving out free samples of a product that we have been begging for, and there's no takers? I'd been kicking myself for not visiting the forums for a couple of days. I'd thought that I would have missed out for sure.

So do yourself, and the local reprap community a favor, and stick your hand out for a freebie. It's the Aussie thing to do!

March 21, 2012 12:57AM
I definitely would have - but until I get my printer actually spitting out plastic and get some experience with ABS - it'd be hard to give good feedback.

For the other reprappers out there - get to it people smiling smiley
Re: ABS (some) colours available from LYBINA - free trial material *with conditions
March 21, 2012 04:27AM
I would love some to try... but my printer is still not complete either!
Re: ABS (some) colours available from LYBINA - free trial material *with conditions
March 21, 2012 05:32AM
Will give you a call tomorrow. Just wondering if you also sell PLA?
March 21, 2012 06:36AM
bmsweb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will give you a call tomorrow. Just wondering if
> you also sell PLA?

Due to 2 x disasterous attempts at PLA with much bemusement and manufacturing merriment we are not offering PLA just yet.

When we get it right I will definately post the results here.

-SNO-
March 21, 2012 06:42AM
Thanks, I'll call you tomorrow. Good to know their are local suppliers out there smiling smiley So far I've been getting my PLA and ABS from OS
March 22, 2012 11:39PM
Hi all,

Just been away for a week (working) and thought I would have missed out......called yesterday and I was the second caller...????
Come on everyone, here we have a top quality supplier, right in our backyard! Australian made!
Lybina supports us, now lets support them.
Even if you are fully stocked up, for a couple of dollars postage you can try out a sample.
And the quility and price beats anyone out there as far as I can see so next time you need some ABS you know where to get it from. smiling smiley

Kind regards
Jan
March 23, 2012 02:12AM
I personally don't use ABS most of the time, and I know quite a few others that only use PLA.

I'm also not printing at the moment (no time, plus changing bits of printer when I have time).

While I could happily request some, I don't see how I could get Jeremy any good feedback if I'm not printing with it.
I received my free sample of the yellow ABS from LYBINA and have printed two items here are my feedback.

As far as the Filament it's self it is a very nice strong color and not brittle and extrudes very well and clean.

Sticks to the kapton on my glass bed with no problem at all.

The adhesion is very good and thin walls and fine detail are strong and very neat as well as bridges came out as good as I would normally get.

I was able to print at very good quality even at two and a half times normal print speed.

I have used ABS sourced from three place since completing my Reprap and have to say this plastic is as good as any other and from my 2 prints the product it great and if this quality can be reproduced it's a winner.

Now my question will be what price will this sell at.

Cheers
Michael
March 28, 2012 03:21AM
Cefiar Wrote:
> I personally don't use ABS most of the time, and I
> know quite a few others that only use PLA.
>
> I'm also not printing at the moment (no time, plus
> changing bits of printer when I have time).
>
> While I could happily request some, I don't see
> how I could get Jeremy any good feedback if I'm
> not printing with it.

Hi Cefiar,

Hope I did not come across as being offensive to anyone. I fully understand your point and that not everybody use ABS. When I started on my 3D project I was looking at using PLA as well, but could not find an Australian supplier. Anyway, I thought there would have been a bigger response to Lybina's offer but the community might be much smaller then what I hoped for.
I am in Adelaide and I am "the nutty" one over here. Until I show them my printed parts and how they are made.
But to all (or few) that use ABS, we are very fortunate to have a manufacturer here. Most often overseas sources are our only option, with the added cost and many times, poorer quality.

All the best.

Kind regards
Jan (IceMan)
MyBlog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 07:55PM by IceMan.
Any chance of some 1.75mm stuff? smiling smiley
March 29, 2012 03:35AM
Nick10101 Wrote:
> Any chance of some 1.75mm stuff? smiling smiley

When we know the 3.0 is working OK we will produce in 1.75 as well.
March 30, 2012 12:49PM
Hi,

Received my sample yesterday and did some test print today.
The colour is very nice, bright and does not change from the filament colour after it has been extruded.
Strong and I did not have to make any changes to my setup going from black to yellow and then purple.
Did some small parts (as my printer is very slow). They are strong and no unusual odour or smoke etc.
I did not notice any difference between this sample and the normalblack that Lybina makes, apart from the colour of course.
Love it. Good quality filament.
Have attached a photo of some bunnies I printed. They are not the best prints (nothing to do with the filament), but you can see the nice bright vibrant colours.

Nice job Jeremy!

Kind regards
Jan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 12:58PM by IceMan.
Attachments:
open | download - DSCN7591.JPG (324.8 KB)
My filament arrived by courier yesterday afternoon. Pulling it out of the bag, it looked great. Solid yellow colour.

A quick check with the micrometer showed that Lybina's manufacturing was as good as always. First sample was 3.00mm on the long axis, 2.90mm on the short. A check on the other side of the roll had 2.95mm and 2.90mm.

For my first print, I thought that I would print out one of the 'screwable jewellery boxes' which I have done before. Being quite delicate, and requiring precision, I thought that they would be a good test to see how the filament performed.

When I was talking to Jeremy on the phone, he mentioned that the colours are only stable up to 220 degrees C. Since I usually do my first layer at 230 degrees C, this might have caused a problem. So I turned down the hot-end to 219 for the first layer. I made sure that the heated-bed was up to all the way up to 110 degrees (rather than my usual 'anywhere between 100 and 110 is fine') before I started printing. Adhesion was great, with no issues at all. For the remainder of the layers, I dropped back down to my usual 197 degrees.

As you can see from the photos, the filament printed just fine. However, the colour was quite pallid. I was expecting much more of a 'lego technic beam' colour, rather than 'pale lemon', which was a bit disappointing. It looks like they need to use more dye.

Overall, I'd give the plastic a 10/10, but the colour a 6/10. A big thanks to Lybina for providing the free sample!

Trundled down to Lybina yesterday and got myself one of the test rolls of green filament to try out, along with some black 1.75mm filament for trying out separately. The colour certainly is vibrant and the plastic seems to extrude pretty cleanly through my 3mm hot end, but I'm running into trouble with extrusion while printing.

I'm used to mainly printing with 1.75mm ABS from BilbyCNC, which seems to have somewhat different properties to the 3mm Lybina green (side by side, through two Makergear hot ends with 0.35mm nozzles the 1.75mm filament seems to extrude more quickly by hand). Chances are its my inexperience working with 3mm filament, but I've found it seems to jam due to the hobbed bolt grinding up the filament whenever I try and print an object. I'm working with a Makergear prusa mendel with brutstruder... Any suggestions for how I might get more success with prints?
Red Wrote:
> Trundled down to Lybina yesterday and got myself
> one of the test rolls of green filament to try
> out, along with some black 1.75mm filament for
> trying out separately. The colour certainly is
> vibrant and the plastic seems to extrude pretty
> cleanly through my 3mm hot end, but I'm running
> into trouble with extrusion while printing.
>
> I'm used to mainly printing with 1.75mm ABS from
> BilbyCNC, which seems to have somewhat different
> properties to the 3mm Lybina green (side by side,
> through two Makergear hot ends with 0.35mm nozzles
> the 1.75mm filament seems to extrude more quickly
> by hand). Chances are its my inexperience working
> with 3mm filament, but I've found it seems to jam
> due to the hobbed bolt grinding up the filament
> whenever I try and print an object. I'm working
> with a Makergear prusa mendel with brutstruder...
> Any suggestions for how I might get more success
> with prints?

Finally sorted out my issues with extrusion, which as expected were down to issues with my extruder hot end. One rebuild later and printing is for the most part working. I've done a longer write-up of my tests on my blog over Here. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised to see the pigment is UV reactive!
Hi Snoman
Can we buy this yet?
I am building a machine but it's a few weeks away from being ready but would like a roll of black ABS.
Do you have a price including shipping yet?
Just north of Sydney
Regards
Denis
April 23, 2012 09:28PM
Blacksnake: The black ABS is already for sale on the Lybina web shop.

Black and white ABS filament page @ Lybina: http://shop.lybina.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 09:28PM by Cefiar.
SNOMANN Wrote:
> bmsweb Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Will give you a call tomorrow. Just wondering
> if
> > you also sell PLA?
>
>
> Due to 2 x disasterous attempts at PLA with much
> bemusement and manufacturing merriment we are not
> offering PLA just yet.
>
> When we get it right I will definately post the
> results here.
>

produce PLA will be much difficult than ABS, I think you had tried, some problems occur when produce PLA, and worse on test of 3D printer, I am made exhausted with customers for the past one year . that should improve the machine. and I find produce ABS 1.75mm will be easier than 3.0mm when you get a good method.

good luck.

you also can buy batch of PLA from us, and we also can supply modify raw PLA materials that can easily process like ABS for you.

Sunya PLA ABS filament
Hello guys,

Do you want to get qualified filaments?

This is CHINA BEST TECHNOLOGY LTD. located in HK, spcializing in top-ranking filaments. Our project team is built by engineers from Germany and China.

Advantages of our filaments :

1. Reliable quality: With strict in line quality testing approval by laser & automatic systems.
2. Safe and immediate delivery: Our warehouses in different countries will make sure goods
reach your local place within 7 days
3. Competitive price: CIF Price USD 11-35/kg depending on different markets and quantity.

Pls visit our website: www.3d-printer-filament.com to apply for up to 45% discount off samples for testing!!

Many professionals and home users already became our partners, returning to us with good feedback. Pls contact us if you have interest in trying our products.

Best regards
Cathy Zhan
===========================================
CHINA BEST TECHNOLOGY LTD.
www.3d-printer-filament.com
Email: filament@china-best-technology.com
===========================================
Hi,

I have finally used up my 25m purple sample from lybina, I printed some squirrels and then did the acetone vapour trick. It worked out really well, good quality filament.

Daniel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login