Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS Electronics

Posted by lost 
RAMPS Electronics
June 11, 2011 01:45AM
Hi All,

It was great to find group in Melbourne doing RepRap! Would love to chat about how you built you RepRaps and see you RepRaps in action

Not sure about the group etiquette, Hi I am Wayne.

I am planning to build RepRap, probably starting of with a Repsrtap to gain some experience with the electronics, stepper motors, filaments and software. This will hopefully enable be to build the Prusa.

Been looking around for electronics, found a supplier for an assembled Ramps v1.2 board. Building electronics is way outside of my capabilities. The rest I can battle my way through.

I have a couple of questions regarding the electronics

Is there any other electronics boards that is easier, cost effective and better than Ramps v1.2 for sale online?

What size Power supply would you recommend to power 4 62-oz nema 17 stepper motors, the extruder and other electronics?

Which is easier end stops opto or micro switch?

Can you run a Reprap from a virtual machine or does it need to be a physical machine?

Thanks
Wayne
Re: RAMPS Electronics
June 11, 2011 10:47PM
HI wayne.

Where abouts in Melbourne are you.

As for RAMPS, I sell a full V1.3 RAMPS kit complete with polous, endstops and SDramps. You can buy it as a kit (which you build) or fully assembled and tested.

As for motors you get pickup some second hand nema 17 motor on ebay (I have the same ones on my small cnc driil mill)

Auzze
Ballarat
June 12, 2011 07:15AM
hi wayne,

welcome to the melbourne group. There seems to be quiet a number of us with reprap/repstraps at various stages of repair/build atm.

I would say firstly that the ramps are close to the cheapest around if you build it yourself. if your buying a complete kit (including mega) it could get expensive but it does save alot of running around. I personally have built a few of the ramps V1.1 boards and still have a spare PCB if your interested.

Im not sure where you are but there are a couple of us looking to get together at the local hackerspace on tuesday night. check www.hackmelbourne.org

I personally on in the eastern suburbs of melbourne. but there are people all spread out. so im sure you will be able to catch up with someone.

FYI, i have just this weekend got my wolfstrap printer working. check the wiki for details of the wolfstrap. but these days the RP parts are pretty cheap so i would look at buying them.

I anyway, welcome. check out the forums and do search for melbourne in the wiki and you will see the RUG page.

Peter
June 13, 2011 01:22AM
Thanks Aussie,

Can you please forward me your prices for the PCB, kit and assembled?

Will a novice be able to assemble the RAMPS board successfully?

I am in Northcote,

Thanks
Wayne
June 19, 2011 07:00PM
Hi Aussie.

Do you have any other bits and pieces available (electronics, motors, plastic componetns, extruder, etc.)? We are interested in assembling a Prusa, and are just starting the procurement phase (and one of us also lives in Ballarat). Could you let us know your prices too.
Thanks

Delory
June 20, 2011 07:18AM
HI,
E-mail sent.

I'm also in Ballarat

Auzze

Delory Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Aussie.
>
> Do you have any other bits and pieces available
> (electronics, motors, plastic componetns,
> extruder, etc.)? We are interested in assembling a
> Prusa, and are just starting the procurement phase
> (and one of us also lives in Ballarat). Could you
> let us know your prices too.
> Thanks
>
> Delory
ted
June 26, 2012 01:52AM
Hi, Did you get to build that Prusa? Do you have any for sale? Is there one I can see? Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login