Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed

Posted by Loki 
Help needed
January 12, 2013 06:48AM
Hey Guys,

Ive just finished my first build (prusa) and so far ive spent 3 weeks hadbutting my desk trying to get this thing to work... If anyone would be kind enough to help get this thing running. sadly because of health and family reasons i need someone to come to me...

I am located in Tarneit

regards

Loki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2013 07:00AM by Loki.
Re: Help needed
January 12, 2013 08:01PM
I may be able to visit (I have friends in Werribee) at some stage, but most likely not till the middle of Feb (off to Canberra and Sydney for close to two weeks soonish, and unfortunately I don't have any free time before that).

What sort of issues are you having though?

This will make it easier for someone to figure out what they need to bring along (eg: tools, replacement bits) in the case it's an actual fault (to try and get you going on the day).

Also did you buy the system as a kit? What electronics do you have (RAMPS, Gen6, Gen7, Rambo, etc)? Are you using a stand-alone PSU or a converted PC power supply?
January 13, 2013 04:40AM
Ok the specs are Prusa 2 that i sourced and built myself, running ramps 1.4.. Power supply is a stand alone unit 12V 30A... My problems with the machine are trying to get any sort of print out of it is damn near impossible.. on the rare occasion i have fluked a print it is not repeatable to the point that i probably burnt through half a kg of pla trying....

I fear ive spent money for nothing and im getting overly frustruated with this thing.. everything i try just puts me further behind.. sorry to sound defeatist but i fear i have spent too much money with the wrong people.

right now ill accept any help i can get

Loki
January 14, 2013 04:43PM
OK, more things we need to know:

What firmware do you have on the RAMPS? (eg: Marlin? Sprinter?) - If you don't know we can probably find out easy enough.

What type of hot-end do you have and what nozzle size is it?

Also, do you know which extruder is on the machine?

Did you follow any guides on calibration? If so, can you link to them, as it may be they're wrong (which is of course throwing you off in trying to get things working).

BTW: If you're not sure of the type of hot end and/or the type of extruder, pics are always a blessing.
January 15, 2013 01:18AM
Hey Cefiar
Interesting developments overnight.... It appears that my hotend does not perform well and ironically my j head that turned out to be a clone works better(0.4mm nozzle 1.75mm filament), so I swapped hotends, and at least its printing but my thermistor isnt reading right as its saying i need 230c for PLA but as longs as its stable i can work around that till i get better thermistors. My extruder is a custom direct drive I got from the guy that printed my parts.. I quite like the design as it doesnt require pressure adjustments on the filament a(Once i got a good temp i worked that much out).

My calibration is pretty good is ask for 100mm I get 100.1mm so as a start im happy with that. But I am curious about belt tension. With my Y axis I notice that the belt moves vertically ( say 0.5-1mm) with change of direction is this acceptable or need tightening?)

I started off with sprinter but have just changed to marlin. why??? not entirely sure but i was having so much trouble i thought I had nothing to lose so im not set either way.

Pics?? I dont want anybody laughing at my spaghetti factory ive got going on so ill post soon as ive got some cable managment going on.

So currently printing out links for a cable chain and playing with slic3r settings ( current hiccup is filament not disconnecting between links and the prints a bit hairy but I think the 1mm of retraction isnt enough) and print looks like swiss cheese but will keep posted.

Thanks for replying to thread. It was nice to have a cyber shoulder to cry on spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Loki
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login