Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

almost decided to go solidoodle, why pay more for diy?

Posted by gazob 
Re: almost decided to go solidoodle, why pay more for diy?
November 08, 2012 12:56AM
Thanks Gaz - I'll send them a note to pick up some filament.

Thanks also for the heads up on the q-bd (lucky I only bought a single extruder) but will use it first. You'd think that with > 700 units out there, there'd be more problems being raised if there was a design issue, although they could still be in the box like mine!

BTW - those are great looking prints. I am definitely looking forward to making a few Christmas gifts with my new toy!

PS where were you planning to get the springs for the minimalistic upgrade from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 01:16AM by rocketwiz.
November 08, 2012 05:35PM
Springs are not a huge issue, Ive got a few around from different things Ive pulled apart in the past, and plenty of things to pull apart. Best bet is the tensioning spring for the safety on a nail gun, Ive got a couple of spares and they look pretty close, they are actually perfect for a 25cm bobblehead.

With the qu-bd extruder, it may just be a handfull of issues from a large production run, but feel as a noobie it may require a bit of history printing with other extruders to get the best from it. either way the minimalistic mk7/8 is easier to load filament, clean the spur gear and generally smaller and lighter, and proven that it works well.
November 12, 2012 05:06PM
3Dstuffmaker:

1. A Prusa IS a RepRap. saying it is better than RepRap is therefore nonsense.

2. Please take your spam elsewhere. Your other post in the CCHS thread has been reported as advertising spam. There you only posted a link, not even any description, unlike here. This post is borderline spam as well, though I've given you the benefit of the doubt on this one.
November 15, 2012 06:26AM
Agree with you Cefiar,

the stuff from 3Dstuffmaker is really stuff. I am just holding my breathe before I successfully complete my 3D printer. Once done I am planning to write the loooooong list of issues that I have go through with the kit i bought from 3Dstuffmaker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login