Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For Sale : Laser Cut Mendel, almost working.

Posted by noonan 
For Sale : Laser Cut Mendel, almost working.
October 10, 2012 09:04PM
Hi guys,

Mendel for sale - complete set of components, ALMOST working, but never finalised and tested.

Asking $800 ONO for machine, 2 sets of electronics (original and RAMPS), and a roll of ABS.
It's in Bendigo at the moment, but can be in Melbourne next week.

email steve@deadandburied.com.au if you're interested.

I have recently had an offer for my shoe brand to expand quite rapidly and will need to be 3D printing parts reliably, smoothly and most importantly, immediately.
I have a TechZone laser cut mendel that has been sitting in my workshop not working for over a year after stumbling at the final hurdle, and I have decided I dont have the time or brain power to fix it, so am going to buy a MakerBot Replicator 2.

I no longer need my Mendel and am looking to sell it as as assembled, almost finished unit.
It is completely assembled, except the hot end has not been used / tested.
Pics here > [www.deadandburied.com.au]

The electronics are currently one of Auzze's RAMPS setups, I think gen 1.3 (can confirm that later) and it includes everything you need, I can even throw in a roll of filament.

The longer story of why it doesnt work is that I built it, used the electronics that came with it, wired it up wrong, fried a controller board, bought new electronics from Auzze, connected them up, couldnt get my USB connection to talk (probably a windows error) then got annoyed and ignored it for a year whilst I opened a shop and now I dont have time to work on it....... So it SHOULD work, but I cant see myself ever problem solving it and calibrating etc.
Re: For Sale : Laser Cut Mendel, almost working.
October 16, 2012 04:04AM
Damn it, I cant see any way to edit my post or the title, so I'll just add a comment.

I have just ordered the Replicator 2 which should arrive in 3 weeks, so this one needs to go.

$500 for someone in Melbourne (definitely worth it for the motors and electronics alone) before I add it to the general RepRap for sale list or put it on eBay. Anyone keen?
October 16, 2012 06:30PM
Im definitely interested. But im new to this also so just need to do a little research today.
October 16, 2012 06:47PM
No worries, I've sent you a PM, but if it helps, this is a basic RepRap that should work fine after a little tinkering at one of the usergroup meetings, and is a good starting point for printing out a newer / better / smaller / larger one further down the line.

All the bits are there to make it happen, I just dont have time any more to work on it.
October 20, 2012 09:20PM
not sold yet, April found something else that suited her better... so it's still for sale!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login