Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Printing service in Melbourne anyone?

Posted by marzi 
3D Printing service in Melbourne anyone?
October 31, 2012 06:42PM
Hey guys,

Any one got a 3D printer in Melbourne that would do a print for me? I found a mob in Hawthorn, although they wanted drug money for a simple raspberry pi case. I dont mind paying for a service, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I already have the .stl files ready to print.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 08:30PM by marzi.
Re: 3D Printing service in Melbourne anyone?
October 31, 2012 07:58PM
If you're just after a Raspberry Pi case, talk to the Connected Community HackerSpace (CCHS) - [www.hackmelbourne.org]

If you're after something more complicated, then it's still possible they can help you, or one of the members can.

Note: They have a 3D Printing Meetup on Monday the 5th of November (I actually run the night), so that might be an idea time to visit and make contacts in person. The thread for the 3D Printer Meetups: [forums.reprap.org]
October 31, 2012 08:24PM
Thanks for the reply, I will definitely attend the meet up as i want to get my own 3D printer.

I have the .stl files needed to print it so i just need someone with a printer that would provide the service.
October 31, 2012 08:32PM
No problem.

FWIW: We have two users (Michael & John cool smiley who produce very good prints. John does PLA and ABS, whereas Michael only does ABS. I myself only print PLA, and the HackerSpace only seems to print ABS.
October 31, 2012 08:44PM
Excellent, if one of you are interested please pm me and ill send through the files and go from there... smileys with beer
November 01, 2012 09:20PM
if your happy for it in pla, ill have a go, looking for test items at the moment, have a reasonable variety of colours, is the file on thingiverse or online somewhere? or pm me and ill reply with an email address

cost will be plastic cost only if you want 1, Im paying $30 per kg, so thats what ill charge for the first, if your happy with it and want more than one we can work something out,

Ill be at the cchs printer night on monday evening, if i get the file before then ill print out one in advance

colours on hand Black, Red, Orange, translucent yellow, translucent green, translucent purple, translucent blue, white

heres some of my more recent prints

November 13, 2012 07:07AM
Hey,

In the progress of design a new iphone cover, just as a summer project really, looking into sources for 3d printing prototypes,, stumbled across this page (through reddit) was wondering if it was possible to also get 3d printing done, and possibly laser cutting of metal, just looking at one off's for now to get a prototype working.

never the less, basically new to this so any help would be good, only way to learn is to ask i guess.

cheers
November 14, 2012 12:34AM
Matthew,

might be worth following links elsewhere in this subforum to the melbourne cchs hackerspace 3d printer nights. The hackerspace has communal tools suitable to your needs which you can utilise by joining and coming along. Would offer to print, but pla is probably not the best material to print phone covers from as its a bit hard and brittle, ABS is probably more suitable.

Garry
December 03, 2012 09:02AM
Hi marzi,

For the 3D printing you can also catch 3D Prototyping .

3D prototyping is one of the best company who provides various services like .. prototyping, scanning, design, and plastic

molding for those who wants high definition precision models or prototypes in low cost.

May you will get some help from them....
Thank You...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 10:10AM by Vikky1629.
December 08, 2012 02:58AM
Marzi,

Did you get 3D prining in Melbourne or your search still going on.
Please let know so we will try to find out.
December 09, 2012 04:57AM
Vikky1629 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marzi,
>
> Did you get 3D prining in Melbourne or your search
> still going on.
> Please let know so we will try to find out.

Yeh i did, thanks for your suggestions but not looking to spend over $300 for a case as quoted.
Thanks for the advice
Hello!
I have a printer that can easily do the job you're looking for. I've seent he Pi case and could easily do that design for <$50USD. $300 is...insane. I'd gladly ship it overseas if you know of an international carrier to suggest.

You can check my site here if you want; 3dwise.com

I've been printing professionally for about 3 years at my college.
Anonymous User
February 06, 2013 12:44AM
If you are looking for a wholesale supplier where quality & service matters you have found us ! We are family business who like to take personal interests in client's needs & thus make an upmost effort to give you a prompt , personalized service with an eye for detail. Our business in weddings, wholesale chair covers, chair bands. Along with wedding decorators our client base includes but not limited to Hotels , Restaurants, Function centers, Celebrants, Convention centers , Retail shops , Pet shops ( for fish bowls & river stones ) Schools , Colleges , councils etc
[www.globaltrends.com.au]
February 12, 2013 05:36AM
Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are looking for a wholesale supplier where
> quality & service matters you have found us ! We
> are family business who like to take personal
> interests in client's needs & thus make an upmost
> effort to give you a prompt , personalized service
> with an eye for detail. Our business in weddings,
> wholesale chair covers, chair bands. Along with
> wedding decorators our client base includes but
> not limited to Hotels , Restaurants, Function
> centers, Celebrants, Convention centers , Retail
> shops , Pet shops ( for fish bowls & river stones
> ) Schools , Colleges , councils etc
> [www.globaltrends.com.au]

Im not sure if this has anything to do with 3d printing
February 13, 2013 11:25PM
Anyone that prints with ABS that would like to print a small case for me would be greatly appreciated!! Let me know ( in Melbourne )
Am very interested in your forum and any 3D Printing Meetup in Melbourne. In the meantime I have a need for some 3D printing of something that looks a bit like a ribbed roofing profile. Anyone interested? Could have drawings to you next week. Cheers.
Are you still experimenting, or got it down now? Would you like a small project?
May 25, 2013 09:07PM
The 3D printer meetups are still going. You can find details on the HackMelbourne website. I've been way too busy to post notifications on the Reprap forum, as I'm travelling interstate a lot for work. As such, I haven't actually attended the last 2 meetings, but I see photos on the HackMelbourne blog about it, so they must be happening!
There is a new small group working with OS and Commercial FDM machines in Melbourne, Australia. Their website is: http://www.3dpe.com.au/

I was glad to have found them. They had a pretty quick turnover and the cost was quite low, with the overall result being really good for FDM.
June 20, 2013 11:51PM
printing china is a good place to know about china and also where you can turn to when encountering some technical printing issues.
October 12, 2013 07:13AM
Hey Matthewroberts & Marzi,

Not sure if your both still looking but I've just started a 3D printing service in Melbourne. You can send me your .stl files through my website and I'll print them for you in ABS at an affordable price.

My website is www.3dprintit.com.au
April 15, 2014 06:36AM
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I am looking for 3d printing services. I am looking forward to choose one out of the options.

Printed tapes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login