Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need the printed parts for Reprap Prusa i3

Posted by KosPilot 
Need the printed parts for Reprap Prusa i3
May 24, 2013 05:43AM
Hi all, this is my first step out in the 3D world. Wohoo!! (Why is everything so big?)

OK, I'll need to start with getting the printed parts for the Prusa i3. -Anyone willing to print them for me? PLA is fine as I may experiment with more durable materials once the printer is up and going.

Secondly I'd need the Prusa i3 box frame.
Off course, I could order it all from overseas, but why not challenge the emerging Australia market first!

I will pay for materials, labor and other production costs, and shipping unless I may pick up from the Melbourne area.

Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2013 07:38AM by KosPilot.
Re: Need the printed parts for Reprap Prusa i3
May 25, 2013 09:11PM
I know that someone at HackMelbourne has been building a Prusa i3 (his name is Trystan) so you might want to ask him where he got his frame and stuff.

Here are some pics of what he's got assembled so far (with and without cat):
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
May 25, 2013 11:21PM
Hi Cefiar,

Thank you for the reply. I struck a deal with 'Auzze' so there we have the plastic bits and some rods'n'bearings secured smiling smiley
I have decided to make the frame myself from ply.
August 21, 2013 06:14AM
Hey guys,
I'm currently doing the same as kospilot, I've currently secured my electronics, have the wood organized for a box frame style i3 and now just require the printed parts and rods/bearings etc. I am also looking for someone inside Australia (I'm in Sydney) who can supply to me. I'm currently really tight on funds due to being unable to work because of a current medical condition (the hobby began to keep my mind entertained), this is why I'd prefer someone inside Australia as everywhere I've found online so far costs more for postage than the parts :/
Thank you to anyone in advance
August 21, 2013 06:16AM
Also can anyone tell me the width of wood used in the box style. So far all I can gather is 12mm thick, 450mm long but I can't find width
August 21, 2013 09:38AM
HI

you need 6 peices 450 mm x100 mm x12 mm plywood. (Don't buy the cheap bracing ply,try and get hardwood ply)
you will also need 1 peice 465 mm x 100 mm x 12 mm - this is for the top.

I can also print you a set of i3 boxframe parts for $60.00 post free.

Auzze

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 09:40AM by Auzze.
August 21, 2013 11:16PM
Thank you very much auzze, I thought it was 100mm but couldn't find confirmation of this. As for the top piece, I figured it to be 474mm long. 450 + 12 + 12. I have a carpenter mate I've asked for the timber from as a favor and he is aware of the application. Thankfully I can save money there.

Re: printed parts, I'm interested in purchasing them though $60 is still a bit expensive for me. I'll probably need a couple of weeks to gather the money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login