Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to get into 3d printing, not sure which one.

Posted by fingerguns 
Want to get into 3d printing, not sure which one.
September 22, 2013 09:21AM
Hello!

I'm fingerguns, I've always been interested in technology and all sorts, now I'll be having some cash to get a 3d printer going shortly.

I'm just not sure which one to go for and were the best place to grab printed parts or full kits from in Australia?

I'm super excited, but want to do this seriously so I'm trying to do as much research possible before purchase and build.

Cheers,
fingerguns
Re: Want to get into 3d printing, not sure which one.
September 22, 2013 06:02PM
Welcome!

There's heaps of places to get stuff locally. If you're after parts to source your own printer, or just want a whole kit, check out the Aus Suppliers page: [reprap.org]

The first thing to ask is do you have any specific things that you want to do with 3D printing? I ask as not all printers can do the same stuff, so some printers won't fit your needs while others will.

Another thing to think about is how portable you want the printer? ie: do you want to take it places, or are you happy to mostly leave it on a bench somewhere.

Also think about how big an object you want to print? This determines the build size of the printer.

Lastly, are you a tinkerer and interested in the technology generally (ie: want to experiment) or do you want something that "just works"?

Hopefully from questions like these, it'll be possible to come up with some recommendations and/or so you can make reasonable decisions between a variety of printers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login