Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome to MRUG

Posted by Oscar Fox 
Welcome to MRUG
December 02, 2009 06:14AM
Hello all Melbournians,

With the growing interest in building RepRap equipment in Australia and In particular Victoria, I deemed Melbourne a worthy place to start our own community.

Please post your details and build progress in the relevant areas, post pictures, advise, questions or ideas and lets make this a resource for all to use.

Again welcome and enjoy.

Oscar

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2009 06:19AM by Oscar Fox.
Re: Welcome to MRUG
December 02, 2009 08:16AM
woo, go the mighty melbourne, we get our own forum now!
February 16, 2010 08:09AM
Hi guys,

You may be interested in coming along to the Connected Community Hackerspace meeting. We have a makerbot and are in the early stages of printing out some parts.

Check out www.hackmelbourne.org for more details.

Michael
June 09, 2010 09:41AM
HI..

Very new to all this but I think I will throw my hat in and start a build. I have been looking at a LaserCut Mendel Gen 3 kit and suppling the hardward myself.
Just need to understand the exuder stuff. Oh, I'm in Ballarat

Auzze
June 13, 2010 09:16AM
Hey

I'm in the same boat as Auzze in that i'm new and looking to start my own Mendel some time in the coming weeks.

Im down on the Mornington Peninsula, close to Cranbourne.

@Michael: Thanks for putting up the link to the Melbourne based Hackerspace, I will have to look you lot up some time.
June 13, 2010 10:52PM
FWIW: I have all the plastic parts for a Mendel shipping to me from the UK (do not ask how much it cost.. too much is the answer!... but I'm not one who likes waiting), so I'll be starting the actual build soon after they arrive.

Hopefully this will mean that between the Melbourne HackerSpace and myself we can churn out a decent number of parts (preferably not too expensive either) and kick-start other people's attempts at Mendel production!

Note: I have NO IDEA how long it'll be till I can start printing, but the parts are from a reputable source (nophead) so I'm hoping there won't be many issues. winking smiley

PS: Has anyone here in Aus, or at least in Melb, actually got an operational Mendel?
January 28, 2011 03:51AM
Hi All,
Just a general hello, and call for help!

Building a laser cut mendel.

Well 4 of us are. Had trouble with the extruder motor control so got an extra stepper controller. Having trouble getting the extruder controller to talk to the stepper controller. Other problems but this is the main one at the moment.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Steve, Chris, Philip and Denver

4mendel men
Steve
Philip
Chris
Denver
January 28, 2011 06:05AM
4mendelmen: Which electronics do you have?
January 28, 2011 08:54AM
Hi Cefiar,
Thanks for the quick reply,

All from techzone.
Extruder controller V2.2
Stepper controllers V2.3
Motherboard V1.2

Cheers
Steve
January 29, 2011 01:22AM
Hi Cefiar,
Just got answer from techzone, we were connected to extruder board, not mother board.
Thanks again for your reply, sure we will have more questions.
Cheers
Steve

4mendel men
Steve
Philip
Chris
Denver
February 20, 2011 03:09AM
Hi All,
Well we are back almost going.
Seem to have a scaling problem, all axis only going half distance.
Tried changing variables in the software but no change?
So close, so close...

Cheers

4mendel men
Steve
Philip
Chris
Denver
February 20, 2011 08:16PM
4mendelmen,

great to see another melbourneite working ,

lets hope you guys get it up and going soon, you might want to add yourselves to the Wiki run page. Just do a search for melbourne in the wiki and you will find it,

hope to see some stuff from you soon

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login