Advanced

PARTS WANTED

Posted by Oscar Fox 
PARTS WANTED
December 02, 2009 06:33AM
Post requests for parts or materials here
Re: PARTS WANTED
March 01, 2011 06:13PM
I'm a total novice to this caper, but I have ordered the plastic parts from the UK and I am sourcing as much of the hardware from Aussie. I'm right for most things except the timing belts for a prusa mendel.
Any one with suggestions?
March 02, 2011 06:55AM
A good person to talk to is Auzze (he will probably pipe up when he sees this). He's just built a Prusa.

Also, check out the Australian Suppliers page on the wiki for useful suppliers. Feel free to add in any that aren't listed.
March 03, 2011 08:50PM
HI..

I have a working Prusa..
Great choice in more ways the one. It's a lot cheaper to build, easy to setup and simply to get printing, once you have SF set right.
The only problem I had was wobbley Z screws, to fix I cut 2 slot on the other side with a hacksaw blade to the depth of the blade. Also use soft spring for the M8 traped nut on the X axis..

Happy to help, just ask.

Auzze
March 03, 2011 10:00PM
Thanks when I get to the point you mentioned I'll be in touch
March 05, 2011 12:32AM
I got my timing belts from Stephen George, got them to me very quick and for a good price. Dunno if he's selling Prusa kits but it wouldn't hurt to ask:

[forums.reprap.org]

One thing I think really needs to be added to the Wiki is a list of automobiles that the various belts are used on. When you go to places like Super Cheap Auto et al you often find that the belts are packed in boxes labeled with a serial number that their database matches to a particular car model, and there's nothing else on the box giving even the slightest clue as to the physical dimensions of what's inside. Thus, if you walk in and say "I need a price on a timing belt for a 1984 Ford Sierra" you get a prompt answer, whereas if you walk in and say "I need a 5mm pitch polyurethane belt with a Synchroflex profile that's at least 1380mm long" then you'll be greeted by a blank stare for a moment or two before being asked what type of car you want it for.
March 10, 2011 10:11PM
How long does the group think it should take to get plastic parts from O/S?
Bought on Ebay from Nophead near 2 weeks ago.
March 10, 2011 10:32PM
I bought mine from nophead and had no problems. Took about 2 weeks. He usually ships them a few days after purchase. Send him a msg and I'm sure he'll be able to give you an update.
March 11, 2011 01:50AM
Thanks i'll give it a bit more time
March 17, 2011 04:56AM
I'm in Perth and I sell full prusa kits. pm me if you want me look into it.

-Peter Hillier

EDIT: photos here [www.freeasinsteins.com]
Summery of prices etc here :[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 06:33AM by letsburn00.
April 18, 2011 06:02AM
Hi!

I'm interested in buying the printed parts for a Prusa Mendel as well as the wade's extruder, anyone selling one at the moment?

Oh and if anyone knows where I can buy a hot end that would be awesome!

thanks!
Schulz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 06:06AM by schulz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login