Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Print Rite DIY Printer

Posted by cYbja 
Help Print Rite DIY Printer
October 16, 2015 09:40PM
Hi,

I got my printer over a month ago to see wether or not I would like 3d printing, and I am loving it. Though I have a problem when I try to print a model I have sliced myself, it just sits there and does nothing. Now if I copy and paste the top 10 lines of code from 1 of the demo gcode models that come with it, it works. No matter what version of slicer I use there is 1 line that I cant get to change and I am guessing that is what is stopping me.

The line goes like this: G1 E-0.60000 F1800.00000
But I need (well I think) it to be F2400.00

Can anyone help me on getting this right, or tell me that is not where my problem is? It would great just to slice and print rather than copy & paste.

Cheers
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 12.28.22 PM.png (48 KB)
Re: Help Print Rite DIY Printer
October 19, 2015 09:30PM
Hello cYbja

That G1 E-0.60000 F1800.00000 "looks" like it's a retraction code indicated by the minus sign behind 0.6. E signifies that this is command is for the extruder (you have X, Y, Z in addition), while F indicates the feedrate.
If my units are correct, based on [reprap.org], this line is retracting 0.6mm of filament at a feedrate of 1800mm/s (this would be exact assuming you've calibrated your steps_per_mm for X,Y,Z,E).

This code I don't think halts the gcode being processed; what would hold it though is the M109 S203 command, if your extruder never reaches 203 degrees, then this line of code is just going to "hang". But this doesn't seem to be the problem.

Could you PM me a complete Gcode that you couldn't print?

Regards,
DennyP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login