Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Build Blog

Posted by Myndale 
Mendel Build Blog
November 01, 2010 09:21AM
Hi everyone, Melbourne Australia here. I started a Mendel build about six weeks ago, progress has been slow and steady but I've been maintaining a blog about it:

http://www.ppl-pilot.com

Not a huge amount to show just yet, but I'll get there eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 09:40AM by Myndale.
Re: Mendel Build Blog
November 01, 2010 08:22PM
Heya Myndale.

Also a Melbournian. Just finished assembling my Mendel (Monday night!) and just on to the calibration phase now.

There's a few of us here in Melb building RepRap/RepStraps. Have a look at the Melbourne RUG page on the wiki. Additions welcome!
November 01, 2010 09:53PM
Heya Cefiar,

yeah, I put a thanks to you on my blog, some of those suppliers you pointed me to a couple of months ago proved invaluable. Still looking for timing belts though, I'll have to sign up to the Melbourne RUG mailing list.
November 02, 2010 12:51AM
I am in Sydney (Gosford) and also Brisbane (Gold Coast).

One of the RepRap'ers in Brisbane has timing belts. Need to search for you. Also so do www.ausxmod.com.au ??
November 02, 2010 01:36AM
Myndale: One of the guys that hangs around CCHS (his name is Rob) knows of places that sell timing belts. Last I heard he's going to grab some pricing on the standard Mendel belts for us. He's also building a Mendel. He has access to lathes and so on too, and is working on making a variant of Adrians latest nozzle design.
November 02, 2010 03:32AM
cluso99: I just checked the AusXMods site but as far as I can see the longest they have is 500mm sad smiley

Cefiar: I popped into Repco yesterday but it turns out they only stock Gates belts and the product number that Gates supply them for their computer system is different to both the product number and part number that Gates list on their web site. And don't bother looking at the box either, they already thought of that and made sure that none of the belt specs are printed anywhere on the box itself. So if you want a belts that fits a particular spec (as opposed to a specific car model) then you have to find it on the Gates web site, call them up, give them the product number and get them to look up the corresponding Repco number so that you can then call Repco to ask if they have it and how much it costs. I suspect this system was designed by the same geniuses behind Myki!
November 02, 2010 08:54PM
hi,

great to see another melbournian .

I ordered my belts from stephen george in QLD.

see his post int eh forsale section. Stephen George belts

he also has a website for the t2.5 belts he sells. His stuff is on the way to me atm, so i will hopefully be able to tell you about the quality very shortly.

Also if you get desperate i did order some extra belts so i might be able to help you with some.
November 07, 2010 10:41PM
well the belts have arrived. 1 mendel set is exactly that. enough belts to do 1 mendel. its an easy way to get the belts for a mendel.

Quality seems fine. shipping was quick enough. seem ok to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login