Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABS Rod - 50mtr Black and White - Available

Posted by SNOMANN 
ABS Rod - 50mtr Black and White - Available
March 26, 2011 01:24AM
Hello to the group,

Firstly I apologise to anyone who has contacted me for ABS 3.0 Ø extrusion rod, we have be extraordinarily busy and the extrusion production schedule kept turning to custard forcing the stock run back.

I am glad to inform you that we have extruded 20 x Black x 50mtr and 10 x White x 50 mtr ABS in 3.0 mm Round and it is now off the shelf.

Until the end of April I will offer the 50mtr coils for $15.00 AUD + GST -- credit card payment only.
Postage (registered or express, standard post is not recommended) or Fastway Courier is available (Australia wide - coverage map is at www.fastway.com.au) or pop in and pick up is OK.

We have 30 Kg's of PLA to trial and this will be done when we have a hole in our production schedule, hopefully within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Regards

Jeremy - contact details HERE
Re: ABS Rod - 50mtr Black and White - Available
March 27, 2011 09:22PM
Would love to buy both PLA and ABS from an Aussie supplier
March 27, 2011 11:24PM
Great to see some local supply of ABS and PLA!

I'm in Melbourne, but I already have a substantial stock of plastic bought from overseas suppliers I need to get through before I am ready for more. But I do have a couple of suggestions from the point of view of a 3d printing consumer;

1.75mm filament - more and more, the home 3d printing world is converging on this rather than 3mm, so you might want to think about that.

plastic spindles - o/s suppliers are now supplying ABS/PLA on plastic spindles due to the convenience for the end user. Check out what makerbot and others are now supplying.

Bigger than 50m spools might be good too - your competition from the US has 1kg spools of 1.75mm for US$43 or US$48 for coloured stuff. Most of the rolls I bought some time ago are 5lb, so about 2.2kg and I think that's approx 300m. So if I've got my sums right, the new "standard" spools being offered would be about 130m of plastic.
March 28, 2011 05:50PM
tinman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> 1.75mm filament - more and more, the home 3d
> printing world is converging on this rather than
> 3mm, so you might want to think about that.
>
> plastic spindles - o/s suppliers are now supplying
> ABS/PLA on plastic spindles due to the convenience
> for the end user. Check out what makerbot and
> others are now supplying.
>
> Bigger than 50m spools might be good too - your
> competition from the US has 1kg spools of 1.75mm
> for US$43 or US$48 for coloured stuff. Most of the
> rolls I bought some time ago are 5lb, so about
> 2.2kg and I think that's approx 300m. So if I've
> got my sums right, the new "standard" spools being
> offered would be about 130m of plastic.

All 1.75mm Ø and various spooling arrangements can be supplied.
(we currently supply 2.0 Ø PVC on 5000 mtr cardboard spool to commercial customers)

FYI - 1 Kg Black/White 1.75mm Ø would be around the AUD $ 27 dollar mark - approx 150 mtr in length. + GST + Transport

Coloured rod can be done but 3 or 4 (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green) colours would have to be the limit and 50 mtr packets.
This will be governed by RR and MB users

Pursuant to the above; If you could inform me of the physical dimensions of the spools you are getting the materials on please so I can try and locate a spool of the same dimensions here.

Jeremy - contact details HERE
May 07, 2011 10:33PM
Has anybody used this yet? what type of results did you get? In the process of making first prusa, kit in the mail. Would like to know about the 1.75 filement, is it 1.75 or 2mm?

How cylindric is the filement., tolerance on diameter over length. Fomulation of abs?

would love to know of peoples experiance before placing an order

regards

Graeme
May 08, 2011 02:04AM
Hello Graeme,

All of our ABS is extruded to meet dimensional tolerances outline in the DVS Plastics Tech Manual 2011.

3.0 mm Weld Rod (filament) is extruded within ±0.2mm of the indicated size.

This is measured as either a strict under/over size (2.8mm Ø to 3.2mm Ø) or ovality cross section
(Dim.A ≥ 2.8mm Ø X Dim.B ≤ 3.2mm Ø)

Our extrusion is normally accurate within 0.05mm and normally run ≤ 3.05mm Ø to save on headaches for the end users.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards
May 08, 2011 02:45AM
HI...

I would like to try some 1.75 PLA as I made a new hotend with a .35 nozzle. Be interesting to how it runs.
If the filement size doesn't get bigger than 1.95mm it should make for some very nice prints.

Auzze

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 02:47AM by Auzze.
May 09, 2011 03:30AM
G'Day, I would also love to buy a few kilos of PLA, if possible. It awesome that there is now an Aussie supplier! smiling smiley

Schulz
May 20, 2011 03:43AM
Hey have you tried this yet how'd you go?
July 18, 2011 07:01PM
Hi,

I was wondering how the PLA supply was going?

I am about to start looking into doing a pla order maybe with a few others.

If there is some for testing or purchase now would be a good time to find out.

Im sure we will speak about ordering PLA at the hackerspace tonight.
August 02, 2011 01:24AM
Just ordered the last 4 rolls of white abs, still plenty of black left.

Now I just need to get my cupcake's HBP to actually hold the stuff down!
Transport Facility
January 31, 2014 07:16AM
Can anyone help me to choose good transport freight facility in Australia area? I saw stq transport site .I need some suggestion is they good in transport service or not? Any idea?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login