Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Increasing printing speed

Posted by newbie 
Increasing printing speed
June 02, 2011 04:50PM
I've got the extrusion through my hot end right for skeinforge but the printing times are awfully slow. How do you tweak these settings?
Re: Increasing printing speed
June 02, 2011 10:12PM
have you seen this ?

[www.mendel-parts.com]

it has lots of good advice for setting up skeinforge properly.

it may help
June 02, 2011 11:03PM
Yes I set mine up in a similar way to Gary67, but the print head moves slowly, the print out is not too bad and certainly better than gcode thru repsnapper but not as fast. I've seen video of people getting printing speeds up to 180mm/s.
June 10, 2011 01:24AM
I've experienced this with skeinforge before, it will suddenly generate very slow code after tweaking settings that really shouldn't make much difference, like ambient air temperature etc. Golden rule seems to be don't tweak or disable anything that doesn't need it.

I suggest you reset all your settings and take a look at the G1 codes in the output and make sure the feed rates (F parameter at the end) are all roughly where you expect them to be. Then tweak your settings one by one and see which one results in the sudden drop.
June 10, 2011 02:20AM
Thanks for the assistance, but I'm not sure I'm very talented when it comes to skeinforge settings.
I have made the printing faster by altering the downward speed settings in repsnapper program and this seems to do the job.
I must come to the next get together as this is a sharpish learning curve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login