Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stock of 3.0 and 1.75 ABS no PLA yet - but soon

Posted by SNOMANN 
Stock of 3.0 and 1.75 ABS no PLA yet - but soon
June 25, 2011 04:16AM
Just to let the board and interested individuals know we have as of the 24/06/2011 we have run stock of 3.0 mm ABS in Black and White and we have trialed manufacturing some 1.75 ABS.

I would like to see if there are a couple of enthusiasts who can trial the 1.75 for me please as I cannot get manufacturing specs or running tolerances for the modeling extruder.

Also - as per several requests we have packaged the 3.0 ABS onto 5.0 Kg coils (cardboard spools) and we will decant into lesser amounts if required.

My apologies if you have tried to get hold of me, we / I have been exceptionally busy recently and I have not been able to address all emails / phone calls.

Best time to contact me is generally Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on 03 9761 4070 or send me a fax with your details to 03 9761 6017

Or if you need to email me jeremy.gray <@> lybina.com and please put 'REPRAP' in the subject so I can make it easier to locate and return your email enquiries.

RE: PLA
I have got about 40 kg of resin in-stock but we are in our usual dilemma that we have to run orders before trials, I will definitely make a hole in our production schedule soon to run the PLA but I need to know if 3.0 or 1.75 is the preferred size.

Thanks again for your interest and support.

Jeremy
Re: Stock of 3.0 and 1.75 ABS no PLA yet - but soon
June 26, 2011 04:12PM
preferrably the 1.75mm filament would be best in PLA
June 27, 2011 02:27AM
3.0 mm or 1.75mm for PLA would be fine... As long as it works smiling smiley
June 27, 2011 05:55AM
HI..

I would be happy with both but learning towards 3mm as it's still the standed.
Would be nice to have a good slection of colours.

Auzze
June 27, 2011 09:39PM
I will be looking to order some PLA soon,

hopefully in a few weeks yours will be available to test.

i will be keeping am eye out. oh and for me 3mm is better. as i dont have a 1.75 extruder.

Peter
June 27, 2011 11:29PM
I have a 1.75mm extruder could i please test some?

and could you supply your processing temperature? Maybe it would be a bit different because i'm processing it for the second time anyway. i have to find is the lowest temperature i can extrude at to minimise it oozing out
August 09, 2011 10:24PM
I'd like to know please, how Snomann's supply of ABS and PLA is going.

Is the ABS running well in your repraps?

Is the PLA ready yet and has anyone tried it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login