Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We supply PLA,ABS filaments

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
We supply PLA,ABS filaments
June 26, 2011 11:51AM
We supply plastic filaments
We are Chinese plastic rod manufacturer, specializing in supply of small plastic articles, in particular, introduction of suitable Reprap, 3D printer, plastic filaments, we have the following specifications:
(1) 3mm and 1.75mm, various colors (existing single color, red, green, yellow, blue, black, white, transparent), matching colors upon request (requires purchase of new colors is greater than the quantity of 20kg), materials includ PLA , ABS, POE,PC,TPU,etc.
(2) manufacturers supplying ,it will go by ship if more than 100kg, below quantity will go by delivey express:
(I) PLA, environmentally friendly biological materials, compostable degradation, a variety of transparent and opaque, grilled corn flavor when processed, the processing temperature of 190 ℃,tolerance is ±0.1mm.
(Ii) ABS, engineering plastics, strength, impact resistance, opaque, resistant high temperature above 100 ℃, widely used in electronic products, the processing temperature of 260 ℃, the taste is not very good,tolerance is ±0.05-0.1mm.

Pic1, packaging in 5LB, and we can packaging in 1LB,1kg,5kg as customers require.

Pic2,our customers feed back with our PLA filaments

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 11:51AM by Esunpla.
Re: We supply PLA,ABS filaments
June 26, 2011 04:12PM
HI..

All looks good but some pricing would be nice plus shipping to Australia.
Do you have some samples so we can try it before we comit to buy large amounts.

Auzze
June 26, 2011 04:27PM
Esunpla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------:
> (I) PLA, environmentally friendly biological
> materials, compostable degradation, a variety of
> transparent and opaque, grilled corn flavor when
> processed
, the processing temperature of 190
> ℃,tolerance is ±0.1mm.

> (Ii) ABS, engineering plastics, strength, impact
> resistance, opaque, resistant high temperature
> above 100 ℃, widely used in electronic products,
> the processing temperature of 260 ℃, the taste
> is not very good
,tolerance is ±0.05-0.1mm.

Have you checked with AQIS that it's okay to import food products?
Anonymous User
July 03, 2011 08:09PM
Auzze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HI..
>
> All looks good but some pricing would be nice plus
> shipping to Australia.
> Do you have some samples so we can try it before
> we comit to buy large amounts.
>
>
> Auzze

Hi Auzze,

We have some 300-500g filaments for samples to test,
If you order , we will pack in 2.5kg/coil, also with 300-500g /coil for you send to new customers.
Can you give me your address and postal code, our normal samples for test $35 include delivery express fee.

Jack Wu
westyang168@hotmail.com
Anonymous User
July 03, 2011 08:12PM
Shibboleth Wrote:
> Esunpla Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----:
> > (I) PLA, environmentally friendly biological
> > materials, compostable degradation, a variety
> of
> > transparent and opaque, grilled corn flavor
> when
> > processed, the processing temperature of 190
> > ℃,tolerance is ±0.1mm.
>
> > (Ii) ABS, engineering plastics, strength,
> impact
> > resistance, opaque, resistant high temperature
> > above 100 ℃, widely used in electronic
> products,
> > the processing temperature of 260 ℃, the
> taste
> > is not very good,tolerance is ±0.05-0.1mm.
>
>
> Have you checked with AQIS that it's okay to
> import food products?

Hello Shibboleth,

That is not exactly a food , but really plastic, you cannot eat it, nobody can eat , even some smell is good taste.
The plastic like you normal used mobile phone shell, that is made of ABS, no harm to body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2011 09:01AM by Esunpla.
July 03, 2011 10:38PM
If a bit of PLA drops into my coffee and i drink it it will digest, ABS though i am pretty sure will harm the body as it's a petrochemical
Anonymous User
July 04, 2011 09:02AM
mlagana Wrote:
> If a bit of PLA drops into my coffee and i drink
> it it will digest, ABS though i am pretty sure
> will harm the body as it's a petrochemical

Yes, I agree with you.
July 05, 2011 08:41AM
it was this bit i didn't understand:

"The plastic like you normal used mobile phone shell, that is made of ABS, no harm to body."
July 17, 2011 05:37PM
mlagana Wrote:
> If a bit of PLA drops into my coffee and i drink
> it it will digest, ABS though i am pretty sure
> will harm the body as it's a petrochemical

Really??

ABS - Acetyl Butal Styrene.
PLA - Polylactide -- made from corn starch

All due respect -- I have been in plastic processing for the better part of the last 30 years and ABS is used for Water Supply and in water purification plants and PLA in food packaging.
Unless you are breathing the fumes of burning ABS or PLA the materials are inert.
I would not recommend consuming bags of the stuff but accidental ingestion will not harm you.

SNO with the KNOW
July 18, 2011 03:37AM
well the drinking of coffee with a bit of ABS scenario was a real life event for me so that's good to hear.
July 18, 2011 08:16AM
I've got a personal interest in this area. One of the Gada prizes is to produce a $3 water purification device (coincidentally there's also an unrelated prize for developing a RepRap that meets certain criteria). A RepRapped water filtration system might be able to meet the criteria for the Water Liberation Prize but only if the materials can be definitively proven to be safe. Blowing an ABS whistle or ingesting a small amount of the plastic itself is one thing, passing all your drinking water through an ABS membrane over an extended period of time is another. And even if pure ABS is perfectly safe it's not a food-grade material and you have no way of knowing what it's been mixed with or the conditions under which it's been produced.

Sadly I don't see any way around this unless we continue development in things like granule extruders where we can exert absolute control over what's going in.
July 19, 2011 03:24AM
Myndale Wrote:
> I've got a personal interest in this area. One of
> the Gada prizes is to produce a $3 water
> purification device (coincidentally there's also
> an unrelated prize for developing a RepRap that
> meets certain criteria). A RepRapped water
> filtration system might be able to meet the
> criteria for the Water Liberation Prize but only
> if the materials can be definitively proven to be
> safe. Blowing an ABS whistle or ingesting a small
> amount of the plastic itself is one thing, passing
> all your drinking water through an ABS membrane
> over an extended period of time is another. And
> even if pure ABS is perfectly safe it's not a
> food-grade material and you have no way of knowing
> what it's been mixed with or the conditions under
> which it's been produced.
>
> Sadly I don't see any way around this unless we
> continue development in things like granule
> extruders where we can exert absolute control over
> what's going in.

2 things,

1. ABS grades are food grade and if you need certification that the material we use is food grade you just need to ask at time of ordering.

2. I have installed micro desalination plants around the Thursday Island group and the membrane encasement and all pipe work was ABS for pressure applications.

Continuous ABS contact should be OK with food contact and potable water applications.

That said if you need to be sure stick with the PLA as it is used in drinking bottles etc.
July 19, 2011 06:48AM
Oh wow, ok, thanks for the heads-up. I actually bought some black and white ABS from you guys so it's good to know it's suitable for that. (I've probably said it before but your staff were really great with my order btw).

Stepping aside from your business interests for a moment do you have any thoughts on the viability of RepRap + ABS for water purification?
Hi SNOMANN I'm very interested in purchasing some of your 'food grade' ABS plastic with the certification. Are you located in Australia? Do you have a website? And how much would 1kg of the 'food grade' ABS cost?

Thanks
From Alex

> 1. ABS grades are food grade and if you need
> certification that the material we use is food
> grade you just need to ask at time of ordering.
>
> 2. I have installed micro desalination plants
> around the Thursday Island group and the membrane
> encasement and all pipe work was ABS for pressure
> applications.
>
> Continuous ABS contact should be OK with food
> contact and potable water applications.
>
> That said if you need to be sure stick with the
> PLA as it is used in drinking bottles etc.
March 31, 2012 04:25PM
Hi Alex,
'Snoman' is Jeremy, one of the people from Lybina, an Australian plastics manufacturer.

Have a look at lybina.com, and give them a call.
April 01, 2012 02:56AM
Shadowzulu Wrote:
> Hi SNOMANN I'm very interested in purchasing some
> of your 'food grade' ABS plastic with the
> certification. Are you located in Australia? Do
> you have a website? And how much would 1kg of the
> 'food grade' ABS cost?
>
> Thanks
> From Alex
>

We are based in Melbourne, only too happy to discuss your requirements. 03 9761 4070

-SNO-
April 02, 2012 10:23AM
I like how this thread morphed from a Chinese supplier advertisement to a discussion on water purification and toxicity through ABS on the Thursday Islands in around 15 posts.
Hi, I'm interested in printing water filters, though I'm considering not only RepRap but EUV lithography. Some links:
[groups.google.com]
[orjoules.wordpress.com]
Also, I'm unsure if nano-engineer would be useful for this type of design, if using a laser etching method:
[www.freepatentsonline.com]
Anonymous User
June 13, 2012 01:08AM
We bought a makerbot aim to test our filament, we found something and wrote a instructions how to printing with PLA share with everyone here.

I also go around some forums, like ultimaker,bitsfrombytes,emakershop,etc, I found some freshman will enconter the problems we describe in attach., I really don't like someone once can't print well, then blame the materials are bad quality and blame its original from China.
Attachments:
open | download - PLA filament print correctly instructions.pdf (525.9 KB)
June 13, 2012 05:38AM
Why does your PLA need hot glue to stick it to the bed when PLA I have used from US, NZ and UK sticks very well without any glue?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
June 16, 2012 09:40PM
(1)different supplier different grade PLA, formulation, different properties;
(2)we found the same problems we saw on Emakershop,Ultimaker,Bitsfrombytes forums, some customer encounter the same problems on some printer, we just do the solution for customers.Maybe your printer don't have the same problems as my describe.
(3)add the glue, will better protect the hot bed,and don't need to replace kapton tape often, and it won't require strickly of nozzle close to hot bed, the glue is a little thick,make the base layer a little high from hot bed.
(4)you don't need add glue of our PLA, adjust the hot bed temperature as high as ABS ,the temperature higher than the crystal point of PLA 109 deg.if someone like low temperature of 80 deg or 65 deg, add glue ,that will better avoid heat hurt, especially for children.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 09:55PM by Esunpla.
August 06, 2012 04:37AM
interesting topic on supply of printer material. i like to know if any of the USA/UK suppliers get theirs from china? or there are plants that make them not of origin from china? just curious?

i have read your PDF regarding your findings of go arounds regarding printing and use of your glue pellets etc. very interesting proposal. anyway for safety aspects, what is the composition of your type of PLA and ABS? are there ABS variants that is completely safe from toxic fumes?

for small qty users like me, what is the shipping cost of say 4x2.5kg clear PLA to say australia or even singapore?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2012 04:48AM by redreprap.
August 06, 2012 06:37PM
No ABS variant is really safe from toxic fumes. This however is only when it burns and starts to decompose. While this shouldn't happen in normal use to any significant degree (see below), if the extruder gets stuck 'on' or the temperature is incorrectly set it could happen. Same would be true if there was a fire of some sort however, and a LOT of objects in the home are already made from ABS.

See Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene on Wikipedia

Specifically from that link:
Wikipedia
Since pure ABS contains no halogens, its combustion does not typically produce any persistent organic pollutants, and the most toxic products of its combustion or pyrolysis are carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide.

The one of note here is hydrogen cyanide.

Specifically from that link:
Wikipedia
A hydrogen cyanide concentration of 300 mg/m3 in air will kill a human within about 10 minutes.

That would require a fair amount of raw ABS to be burnt, but not an infeasible amount, especially if you're holding a large reel of it nearby.

HOWEVER:

Some people simply can't tolerate the small amount of fumes from ABS when it melts due to existing respiratory issues, such as asthma (eg: Auzze here on the forum). Many of these people have found that there is no similar issue encountered with PLA.

Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login