Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printed PCB Buy-in

Posted by Shibboleth 
Printed PCB Buy-in
July 06, 2011 06:07PM
Hi Guys,
I'm interested in getting a printed PCB, but both suppliers (reprapsource and Ultimachine) have heinous shipping charges.

I was wondering if anyone else wanted to get one as well, to share the shipping costs? If so, let me know.
Re: Printed PCB Buy-in
July 06, 2011 09:30PM
I've just order the mechanical parts for a Prusa and will be needing to order the electronics shortly.

At this point I'm not certain what electronics to go for.

If I can get a recommendation and its inline with what you are purchasing then yes I would be interested.

Brett
July 07, 2011 12:07AM
Drat, your timing is off - I just ordered 2 RAMPs PCBs and some pololus from ultimachine yesterday. I didn't consider the $15 shipping for standard post too bad, since the order was reasonably large. The other shipping options are pretty expensive though.
July 07, 2011 12:54AM
bsutton:
I bought the RAMPS electronics, fully assembled from Auzze (member of this forum). Can't vouch for quality yet, I'm still only in the 'parts buying' phase myself.

This is what I've worked out from my research:
There's three main types of electronics in use at the moment: Gen 6, Ramps and Sanguinolo (spelling?) Each with their own advantages and disadvantages. RAMPS is the most expensive, but I believe the most capable. The most recent version (1.3) which Auzze sells, can also drive a heated printbed directly. The others can't so you have to drive the printbed independently of the electronics.

Electronics is my biggest weakness, and I can barely hold a soldering iron, so I decided to go the easiest route there.

If you want to swap notes on suppliers / costs for the various parts, drop me a line.

thaytan:
Ultimachine quoted me US$45 to ship the PCB. $15 is much more reasonable.
Re: Printed PCB Heat-Bed Buy-in
July 07, 2011 03:53PM
Dammit, I just realised that I didn't specify exactly what I'm getting in my original posting. I'm looking to get a printed PCB heat-bed. Not a PCB for the electronics.
July 07, 2011 10:49PM
HI..

Sorry have been out of action for the last few days, back home how.

I still have stock of RAMPS 1.3 PCB and parts. Megas and can get polous in a few days.
I also have the full range of SDramps add-on for ramps it PCB, Parts kits or fully assembles.
I have just recived my shipping notice that my order of Sanguinololu PCB, so I should have them soon.

I have post info and prices in the Melbourne users groupe forums.

Auzze
July 08, 2011 07:05PM
David,
thanks for the clarification on the PCB.

I'm still interested but have a couple of questions.

1) is it suitable for a Prusa?
2) is it the right size for my Prusa - what I mean by this is, are all Prusa's the same size?
3) Does it work with all Electronics or do I need choose the Electronics first.

Auzze,
I'm possibly interested in the electronics if you can post the prices.
Brett
July 09, 2011 02:15AM
Hey
> 1) is it suitable for a Prusa?
> 2) is it the right size for my Prusa - what I mean
> by this is, are all Prusa's the same size?
The only PCB on the market is a Prusa PCB heated bed, which was made for the Prusa printbed. So yes it's right for the Prusa
> 3) Does it work with all Electronics or do I need choose the Electronics first.
I belive the PCB heated bed will work with RAMPS 1.2 and 1.3. I'm not sure on any others.

> Auzze,
> I'm possibly interested in the electronics if you
> can post the prices.
PM Sent
July 10, 2011 05:45PM
I would be interested in looking into the PCB heatbed depending on costs.

I have been thinking about doing the same thing myself. If you know more please let me know

Peter
July 11, 2011 04:16PM
Hi Peter,
Sorry, but I've already placed the order.

I had to do it a little quicker than I had wanted. Reprapsource was down to their last three PCB's and Ultimachine was out. So I grabbed two. One for myself and one for Brett.
July 12, 2011 06:05PM
Thats ok, I thought you were going to get some produced yourself.

No worries here as I dont have a need for one yet
July 15, 2013 12:38AM
this is pcbmaking, a excellent pcb supplier, lead time is short,
price is cheaper, no MOQ, fast deal, guarantee quality(ISO9001,UL,ROHS)
and exciting competitive price in china, sent your RFQ please, you will
get surprise price. sales(at)pcbmaking(dot)com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login