Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Female .100" PCB Header?

Posted by ZachHoeken 
Female .100" PCB Header?
June 13, 2007 10:16PM
i'm looking for a specific part, and i cannot find it anywhere! its the component on the common arduino board, circled in red. i want to source it for the stepper tester BOM, so that the board is nice and self contained.

if anyone can find it, please send me the mouser number or a link to some other site.

thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - arduino-osc.jpg (130.2 KB)
Anonymous User
Re: Female .100" PCB Header?
June 14, 2007 12:31AM
See if this is what you're looking for:

part # 517-974-01-04

I've found it quite useful to download the entire PDF catalog from Mouser - it's a lot easier to browse through than their web site. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
June 14, 2007 12:42AM
That's funny, I was making a stepper tester a few hours ago and reached for the exact same connector. I ended up not using them because they'd be on the wrong side of a single-sided PCB.

I got mine from sparkfun, they have a 40-pin row listed as part number PRT-00115. They're actually a bit annoying because they don't snap apart -- you can cut them, but you end up sacrificing one pin each cut.

I don't see an exact match in mouser, but something like 517-974-01-04 looks like a pretty good replacement. It has the same tuning-fork style contacts, but it looks snappable.
June 14, 2007 01:23AM
fantastic! i'll add that to the BOM.

i tried looking thru the catalog... i even have a paper copy! i'm just not all that familiar with electronics. i didnt even know what to look for. its a rather large catalog =)

~Zach
Anonymous User
June 14, 2007 07:57AM
Wow, same part number, right down to the pin count!

[Edit]
If you're reworking the bills of materials, can you make it easier to import into Mouser's BOM Importer? It expects plain text with "part# qty" on each line. The powercomms spreadsheet is easy to import because the columns are already in that order, just cut & paste it in. The universal controller spreadsheet takes a bit of fiddling with, though. You have to paste it into a spreadsheet on your local machine, re-order the columns, search & replace to get rid of all of the "http://www.mouser.com/search" prefixes on the part numbers. After that there were one or two part numbers that still didn't import because of the base64-type URL encoding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2007 08:16AM by emf.
June 14, 2007 09:31AM
yeah, thats top on my list of priorities. its also exactly why i formatted the powercomms to be that way. if anyone would like to help on the BOM, message me and i can add you to the list of contributors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login