Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hooking up the Arduino Electronics

Posted by bobt 
Hooking up the Arduino Electronics
April 28, 2008 06:48PM
I have constructed the Arduino Electronics and have pretty well finished my Seedling construction. Now I need to connect everything together. My question is using the direction signal to each of the stepper motor boards which connection is the X-axis, the Y-axis and the Z-axis. It would be a real pain just to wire them up like the schematic says and have the wrong configuration and have to start over.

Bob Teeter

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
VDX
Re: Hooking up the Arduino Electronics
April 29, 2008 01:40AM
Hi Bob,

... connect the wires first with all electronics and motors loose, then you know exactly, which combination and directions you have.

So you're able to change the wiring if necessary ...

Viktor
April 29, 2008 06:25PM
Victor - I just pulled down the software for the Arduino Single processor system and looked thru the code to find Single_Arduino_SNAP.pde and it listed the digital I/O pin assignments.

Just for the record in the Single Arduino drawing on the Seedling Electronics page.

The Stepper motor shown at the bottom is the X Driver, the middle one is the Y Driver and the top one is the Z driver.

Now if we can update the drawing to reflect this information then no one else will have to dig it out again.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
May 06, 2008 01:51PM
updated and fixed!

thanks for pointing that out, bob.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login