Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Exerciser issues

Posted by Graxe 
Stepper Motor Exerciser issues
July 04, 2008 09:32PM
Hi all,

I am currently still working on buildling a Reprap and have gotten to a point where I am testing the Universal Controller Boards for Darwin. When trying

to test the board on test three in the tutorial I cannot seem to get the debug led to blink. Both power and programming of the pics were successful.

There does not appear to be any issues with the soldering. I also cannot get the stepper motor to run when it is plugged into the board. The leds on the

universal controller board however do blink so I believe it is transmitting and reciveing. The other issue that goes along with this is that when trying

to use the stepper exerciser in the host software the exerciser does not seem to be transmitting or recieveing through the board. I have also built a

stepper tester but it does not function either. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
Thanks,
Greg
Re: Stepper Motor Exerciser issues
July 05, 2008 02:02PM
You didn't mention if you had put the shorting link on the two three pin connectors next to the LED. They are the MIN and MAX connectors for the opto endstops. These must be shorted for things to work.

Also, I had a few problems with the Rx Tx thing. Make sure--by checking the wiring diagram and the schematics--that they are wired correctly. Might have to switch a single connector around as I did.

You said that your UCB blinks so you think it is recieving...make sure just in case by checking the preferences page for the rs232 connection as per the test 3 docs.

Those things are all I could come up with.

Demented
Re: Stepper Motor Exerciser issues
July 05, 2008 02:13PM
Thanks for the help. I just tried booting up the live dvd and that worked. That I assume means I have a problem with the software installed on my two computers that I installed it on. I'll see if I can figure it out but not I'm going to go and continue testing the boards.
Thanks!
Greg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login