Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Sanguino giving me errors

Posted by Stephen 
New Sanguino giving me errors
September 04, 2008 12:04AM
Just got and assembled my Sanguino but when I try an example program (blinky) I get an error

Binary sketch size: 1152 bytes (of a 63488 byte maximum)

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I've added the bootloader files and modified the txt file (including changing the path) Can someone point me in the direction to start debugging this? Thanks.
Anonymous User
Re: New Sanguino giving me errors
September 04, 2008 10:44AM
I had difficulties getting my first sketch to load.

I eventually found the best way to reliably upload was to verify the sketch separately from the upload, start the upload, wait a second and then reset the Sanguino.
September 05, 2008 02:59AM
I'm finding that I have to manually reset the sanguino before uploading sketches.
September 06, 2008 08:15PM
That's the way I've gotten it to work for me (resetting while downloading) but it only works about 40 percent of the time and is a real pain. On mine the green led glows weakly if the power switch is in the ext position, is that normal?
September 06, 2008 09:15PM
I've had the same problems, I thought the sanguino was meant to auto-reset itself? From the little I know of how the auto-reset process is meant to work, one of the rs232 lines is toggled, which resets the chip. I may be entirely wrong, but could the arduino software be doing this either too early, too late, or not at all? Franklin, the green led also glows weakly on mine, not sure why.
Anonymous User
September 08, 2008 06:06AM
The LED is dimmer on external compared to powering from the serial cable for me too.

Looking at the schematic there is an obvious reason for the difference, we are switching between a 7805 providing a regulated 5V supply, or a USB->TTL cable providing a regulated(?) 3.3V supply.

However, I have noticed no differences in operation to date, powering off of either of the two sources has not caused any other sort of difference to sketches running, no unexpected resets, difficulties with digital inputs or outputs, ADC reads, or PWM writes.

I will note though, that for ADC reads I have only used a setup using AREF, so I cannot confirm all is well when using the analogue input in a vanilla setup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login