Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

making heads or tails of what to buy

Posted by letsburn00 
making heads or tails of what to buy
May 22, 2008 10:06AM
I've been trying to work it out for a month or two now, but I still haven't an idea of what to get for the electronics. the rrrf site has the arduino raw kit. But it needs kit parts and an arduino from another site right? The other kits on the site seem to have all the other electronics parts included (stuff like resisters etc). Have I missed something, because I feel lost.

PS. I'm waiting for BfB to start selling again, does anyone know if they come with steppers, or do I need to buy from rrrf?
Re: making heads or tails of what to buy
May 22, 2008 03:07PM
> rrrf site has the arduino raw kit

RRRF (Zach) just blogged that they have now also ordered Arduino's. This means you can get everything there, electronics that is.

> PS. I'm waiting for BfB to start selling again, does anyone know if they come with steppers
Bits From Bytes had the steppers when I ordered (little over a month ago). I'd been discussing my order longer ago (so I didn't get a preferential treatment I think, which is good)

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
Re: making heads or tails of what to buy
May 22, 2008 06:36PM
Hey Peter,

Sorry about the confusion. We've transitioned from the 1st generation electronics to the 2nd generation (based on arduino).

The RRRF sells raw pcbs for all the new (and old) boards. We are also starting to sell kits of the latest boards. Very soon, we'll be selling a single kit that contains all the electronics for all the boards you need to build an arduino. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, this page details all you need to know about the latest version of our electronics: [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login