Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PCB adaptation Makerbot 3.Gen

Posted by Core 
PCB adaptation Makerbot 3.Gen
June 02, 2010 11:15AM
Hi!

Looking for some info on modifying the makerbot pcb-s (PCB-adaptation), motherboard in particular. I'm aiming for minimum modification, mostly because of trouble procuring components and saving time. The plan is to only switch the power connectors on the stepper controllers (at B, perhaps I'll go with the existing connectors, using only the two functional pins/wires) and modifying the motherboard (big question mark here, is it necessary to remove/modify the big power connector (C) + 30 ohm resistor (E) if running on usb power? Also I can't seem to find the exact components, voltage regulator and capacitor that is, for sale anywhere around here.

So my question boils down to:

Which pcb adaptations are critical, motherboard in particular? (the plan is to go with the existing connectors as far as possible/is convenient)

Does anyone know a good place to find/order the BOM components in europe (scandinavia)?

The plan so far is to modify the motherboard at A only (C & E if necessary) and possibly B on the stepper boards, would this work?

The thickness/size of the rj45 connectors and wires are a small concern, but hey; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Re: PCB adaptation Makerbot 3.Gen
June 02, 2010 02:13PM
I think the power connectors on the stepper drivers foul the y-axis bearings because they are too tall. I think that is the main reason for changing them.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login