Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with electronics

Posted by Gary Riding 
Need help with electronics
July 02, 2010 01:35PM
does anyone know anythink about the reprap electronics ? its just i got my today from iprint3d but the guys away on holiday and am kinda having problems...

i power the mother broad up as it says on the reprap testing website :

[objects.reprap.org]

and the broad green power light comes on and a yellow light flashes... then i go into Preferences->Globals->CommsDebug and set it true and get the following :

comms: G-code: N324 M105 *2 dequeued and sent [495.469s/1515ms]
comms: GCodeWriter.waitForOK() - temperature reading: T:0 [495.485s/16ms]
comms: GCode acknowledged with message: ok EB [495.485s/0ms]

i then connect the link cable from the motherboard to the extruder controller and input 12volts from a pc power pack.. and i get a green power light on , on the top left hand corner then a red one which blinks on and off every sec and a bit.... and i have two green light which are together in the center of the broad..

but i dont get any changes in the temperature reading even without a senor connected. as stated on the website it should change to 499'c

Any ideas ?

Also i have tryed connecting the stepper controller board by using a jumper over the opto end stops ask stated on repraps website and connecting the ribbon cable.. but all i get when i power on is a green light in the top corner and notthink else. even when i go into the reprap software and click xyz tab and try moving the axis... all happens is the software runs very slow after clicking a few times

anyone can help ??

email me ridingg@hotmail.com

thank u
gary
Re: Need help with electronics
July 02, 2010 02:23PM
problem solved... i was using 5volts connection from the atx power supply not the 12 volt one .. silly me tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login