Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguino Parallel ICSP Programmer

Posted by annodomini2 
Sanguino Parallel ICSP Programmer
October 24, 2009 10:00AM
I saw a link somewhere think for a simple ICSP programmer using the parallel port and a few resistors, maybe a couple of caps, but can't seem to find the link.

You could then use AVR Dude to program it, anyone got a link.
Re: Sanguino Parallel ICSP Programmer
October 24, 2009 11:59AM
Not everyone has a parallel port on their PC.

If you buy the USB to TTL cable that is recommended, you can also use it to burn the bootstrap with instructions that are located here:

[exmrclean.blogspot.com]

If you want to build the adapter cable for the Parallel port it is documented on the the Arduino site here:

[www.arduino.cc]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 08:43PM by freds.
October 25, 2009 04:03PM
http://s-huehn.de/elektronik/avr-prog/avr-prog.htm
The site is in German, but i think it isn't really a problem. You want the first shematic.
The suggested programming software is PonyProg2000.
jbb
October 25, 2009 08:07PM
I suggest a clone of the DT006, as discussed here [www.mail-archive.com]

It works fine with AVRdude for 5V chips, and with the addition of a few more bits and pieces I've had it going on 3V logic also.

jbb
October 26, 2009 04:18AM
The arduino one is the one I had seen, thanks for the links everyone some good stuff! smiling smiley
July 07, 2010 02:31AM
Remember, you're all RepRap user-developers, and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! So log in and create a new page or click "edit" on an old page, and don't forget to upload parts files! grinning smiley

how to plan a wedding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2010 02:32AM by jerick28.
July 10, 2010 06:37PM
The Sanguino needs a usb->TTL cable to talk to it, right? So to use a sanguino, you need a usb->TTL cable. The usb-TTL cable can be used in "bit-banging mode" to program the raw chip, set the fuses correctly, etc.

Given that, wouldn't an additional bit of hardware just to program it be redundant?

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
July 11, 2010 12:03PM
In case you haven't seen the link before I blogged on using the usb->ttl cable in the past and a number of people have sucessfully used it.

[exmrclean.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login