Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder board help needed

Posted by lunchtrayrider 
extruder board help needed
July 27, 2010 07:01PM
So,
after is what is literally forever i'm so close and yet have no idea where to start.

i'm trying to get my thermistor and heater to work on my reprap. I've got no heat and no temp readings. I'm assuming that the problem lies in the firmware but it makes no sense to me so I'm stuck.

I might be having rs485 problems. haven't ruled it out.

I can get the stepper motor to turn.

I can't get temp readings or the nichrome to heat up.

the temp readings i'm totally lost.

the nichrome I know that I am not getting any voltage where the hook up is. The wiring diagram shows the nichrome heater hooked up to c-/c+ others in the forums have referred to hooking up the wires to b-/b+. I haven't found anywhere to tell reprap where I hooked them up.

also the temp tables are just out of my league. I'm assuming that someone bought a thermistor like I did from ultimachine and made it work. Could you share your setup info?

-aaron
Re: extruder board help needed
July 28, 2010 05:39AM
C+/C- should be ok. Does the LED near the C terminals turn on when you enable the heater?

Can you maybe enable serial debugging in the reprap host software and share the console log?

Floe
July 28, 2010 06:29AM
Definitely sounds like an rs485 problem!

As floe suggests, turn on Debugging in the RepRap Host software by setting BOTH
  • CommsDebug
  • Debug

to true!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 29, 2010 01:39AM
I suspect you don't have the configuration.h file in the firmware folder. When you open up the extruder.pde in the arduino IDE are you missing the configuration.h file tab

Out of the box the folder contains configuration.h.dist ..you need to remove the .dist

hope this helps
July 29, 2010 10:41AM
i do have the configuration file there.

the led near the c-/c+ does not come on.

i've set the debuging and will post some info out of it. Anything in particular to look for?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login