Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crash course in electronics (non-reprap)

Posted by JoeDaStudd 
Crash course in electronics (non-reprap)
March 05, 2012 11:22AM
Hi,

I've got a few projects which I want to complete however my electronics knowledge is a little lacking. I did do systems and control (electronics) back in my school days (surprisingly I passed the gcse with a cool smiley, but that's over 6 years ago.
Literally the only electronic things I've done since then has been the odd bit of soldering (I did manage to solder a RAMPS 1.4 board tongue sticking out smiley) or replacing a resistor.

The projects I want to complete requiring creating circuits from scratch using logic gates, sensors, capacitors, etc and creating my pcb.

Can anyone recommend me some good site(s) with tutorials or software for circuit design?

Many thanks and apologies if this is the wrong forum or the completely wrong forums to be posting this.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
Re: Crash course in electronics (non-reprap)
March 05, 2012 07:35PM
Tutorials like these: [geda.seul.org] ?

Many people prefer the free, size limited version of Eagle, but gEDA and KiCad are on par, if not better, these days.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 06, 2012 05:48AM
Thats the sort of thing I was looking for from the circuit design and pcb routing side of things.

I'm mostly looking for a good tutorial site with a reference (or even just a good reference site) section on general electronics so I can refresh my memory.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
March 06, 2012 02:23PM
Adafruit has a lot of good info. Also check out makeprojects.com , Instructables, Hackaday .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login