Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone interested in RAMBo Electronics, for cheap?

Posted by robotic_eye 
Anyone interested in RAMBo Electronics, for cheap?
November 12, 2012 07:00PM
I was wondering what people thought about the RAMBo electronics board? It is currently on Indiegogo and if enough people (100) buy it then it will be much less then I have seen it for before.

Check it out here:
[www.indiegogo.com]

I am very tempted to get the ball rolling on this and order one but I wanted to gauge the communities response.

Comments please...

Thanks.
Re: Anyone interested in RAMBo Electronics, for cheap?
November 15, 2012 05:33PM
How is this different compared to Gen6 board?
Re: Anyone interested in RAMBo Electronics, for cheap?
December 23, 2012 03:30AM
I'd be interrested for sure. While I've had some issues with the RAMBo, biggest being support as there are too few users willing to log in and help out with issues, the RAMBo is a nice design. It's unfortunate that it does not have an SD slot natively.

The locking clips for the motor and endstop wires are a great idea, but I've had issues with the X axis wire end. For some reason it does not make great contact and once in a while causes the X axis stepper to judder instead of move properly. If I jiggle the wires it gets past this.

Instruction on how to do anything with the board are not easily found. The name RAMBo alone offers issues with doing internet searches for help since this will obviously yield lots of hits for the movies.

The oerall design is very clean. The chips stay very cool on the board. The power connections are rugged and solid. I've replaced more than 7 pololus on sanguinos in the last 18 months. So far no loss of controller with the RAMBo.

Once the little issues and frustrations are a thing of the past these boards will be the best of breed.

Count me in for a few of them. Likely 5 - 10.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login