Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 1 electronics sync wire

Posted by reece.arnott 
Gen 1 electronics sync wire
June 27, 2008 09:23PM
I've got the gen 1 electronics (Universal controller boards v1.2.1) and I'm wondering how I'm supposed to wire up the sync wires between the X,Y, and Z controller boards.

The instructions say to use one wire to each board and the diagram on the page [www.reprap.org] shows the boards connected in a 3 way Y type arrangement.

Would I be right in assumming then that I could use the 2 pin connectors and wire the Sync pins up in the following way:
pin 1 X-> pin 1 Y
pin 2 X-> pin 2 Z
pin 1 Z -> pin 2 Y

and that it doesn't really matter which way round the pins are connected as long as the 2 sync pins on each board connect one each to the other two boards?
Re: Gen 1 electronics sync wire
June 28, 2008 02:20AM
reece,
No you just need to connect all the pin 1's together and all the pin2's together. I.e. run a pair of wires to each board.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 30, 2008 01:14PM
Humm..

I only connected one wire ( I am not sure which pin I will have to look).

This is what the Wiki says to connect but now as I look at the schematic both pins are connected to the PIC?

I do know with none connected you can not make a circle.

Bruce W.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 01:15PM by Bruce Wattendorf.
June 30, 2008 01:31PM
Two are only needed for 3D Bresenham, i.e. all axes moving together, but I don't think that ever got implemented so you can get by with just one.

IMHO easier to connect both as you don't have to figure which one and future proof if anybody implements it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 30, 2008 01:44PM
Under the "testing" section on this page: [dev.www.reprap.org]

Use the TX and RX connections to form a loop of all the boards. Depending on which comm board you got, the TX RX silkscreen might be backwards. Test it with one board properly before making the loop.

~Dylan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login