Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tricolor Melzi Boards communication errors

Posted by chickenchuck040 
Tricolor Melzi Boards communication errors
June 13, 2014 12:52PM
Hello

I have a Tricolor Mendel with Melzi boards from 2013-06-06(the date on the label). I have not re-uploaded the code to the boards, but I am familiar with Arduino enough to be able to. I have been using them for almost a year, and they have recently been having communication issues. I mainly use Octoprint running on a Raspberry Pi to control the printer, but I sometimes use Pronterface. I have found that there are sometimes less errors with Pronterface, possibly because Octoprint tries to constantly get the temperatures. I have found that resetting the boards with the reset gcode for the tricolor will sometimes fix the problem, and unplugging the printer will also help. I have noticed that two kinds of errors seem to be happening. One is where there are simply unrealistic values for temperatures, such as a decimal in the wrong place. Other times, the Slave board does not seem to be responding at all. The led stops blinking and all the temperatures are -273. I know the board is getting power because the extruder fans that are hooked into its power are still going. I have been thinking about switching to Teacup and using a custom board, but it would be easier to try to get it working the way it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2014 12:58PM by chickenchuck040.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login