Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3A stepper motor driver

Posted by TheDeadLives 
3A stepper motor driver
July 06, 2014 06:19PM
Hi all,

I'm interested in making a 3d printer. I started looking for stepper drivers and decide to choose the drv8825. Now i started to look for stepper motors and all that i find in ebay are rated to 2.8A per phase. My question is, there is any good stepper motor 3A driver that can work with ramps?

What do you think of [www.sparkfun.com] ? As anyone tried it?

Grateful
VDX
Re: 3A stepper motor driver
July 06, 2014 07:01PM
... all drivers with 5V/TTL-input for STEP+DIR can be used - I'm controlling 325VDC-steppers+drivers with RAMPS 1.2, but had to change the pull-up-resistors as the inputs were meant for 24V input level winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 07, 2014 04:55AM
VDX is right. Also note that 2.8 A stepper drivers don't neccessarily need a 3 A stepper driver. They work with 1 A drivers just fine. Torque is reduced accordingly, of course, but motors specified for 2.8 A have likely much more torque than you need.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 07, 2014 06:55AM
Traumflug
VDX is right. Also note that 2.8 A stepper drivers don't neccessarily need a 3 A stepper driver. They work with 1 A drivers just fine. Torque is reduced accordingly, of course, but motors specified for 2.8 A have likely much more torque than you need.

In my case, i would be needing the 2.8A stepper drivers (10N.m).

VDX, did you had to modify anything in the code?

Grateful
VDX
July 07, 2014 03:27PM
TheDeadLives
VDX, did you had to modify anything in the code?

... no, the electrical 'compatibility' (5V-level) and equal pin-function (STEP+DIR) is enough ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 07, 2014 03:39PM
Grateful for your reply.

My only problem now is if L6470 will work, since it uses SPI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 03:40PM by TheDeadLives.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login