Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Melzi V2.0 board programming

Posted by alexanderfitu 
RepRap Melzi V2.0 board programming
February 10, 2016 07:14AM
Hi all

I have a monoprice maker select 3d printer that had the stepper driver on its board go pop.

After a bit of research, it appears its a Melzi board.

This is the one that's in my printer:

This is the Reprappro Melzi V2 board I have bought to replace it:

I am having issues writing the Repetier firmware to this.

I have the right board showing up in the Arduino IDE (v.1.0.6), the board shows up as Melzi 1284p 16mhz. I obtained this profile from the Merlin repo as per the reprappro wiki.

It shows up as a com port when plugged in, but when trying to flash the firmware I get:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

As I test I tried writing the firmware to my old dead board (only the stepper driver is dead)

That failed with a different error:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1f800
0x20 != 0x0c
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

However, I was able to successfully write an LED flashing program onto the "dead" board, so I am able to flash to the old one successfully.

I am beginning to suspect that the new replacement board has no firmware, but I have no way of confirming this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 07:23AM by alexanderfitu.
Re: RepRap Melzi V2.0 board programming
February 12, 2016 08:10AM
As a follow up. It turned out that I overwrote the boards bootloader. I purchased an AVR Mk2 ISP and flashed the firmware on via that method and the board is now working properly.
Re: RepRap Melzi V2.0 board programming
March 23, 2016 01:57AM
You wouldn't happen to have a copy of your original Monoprice firmware? Would you mind dumping it and sharing it so I can fix my printer?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login