Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RADDS reset then temp issue

Posted by deaconfrost 
RADDS reset then temp issue
October 15, 2016 09:25PM
I'm using genuine Arduino Due with RADDS and RADDS LCD, been working very well for months, tonight it just reset then E0 temp reads 70.4c to 74c up and down mostly stays around 71c, that reads like that even when I have thermistor plugged out, change it to use second thermistor pin, it reads 200 with or without plugging in the thermistor, tried all the pins and reprogram to it, all reading some temp but with or without actually having the thermistor plugged in or not, anyone know whats happening there?
Re: RADDS reset then temp issue
October 16, 2016 12:07AM
I tested with ramps, everything is working fine, it seems it is either the RADDS board or Due has a problem
October 16, 2016 04:09AM
Not sure, but it seems the reset has confused the analog ground/AD reading circuit. Maybe the reset impulse is to short?
October 16, 2016 09:28AM
how do I check or fix this? or is it a warranty job? do they even replace these boards? I emailed the shop so hopefully get a reply tomorrow
October 20, 2016 04:34AM
Did you check both boards to see if there anything shorting or damage? Some solder may have move and short pin...

Maybe your firmware turn bad too, reflash or even better try reprapfirmware see if its doing the same thing.

If its really the board you may want to test with another due before blaming the radds, after all radds dont have lot of electronics its mostly pinout and socket.

You can also check the Ad circuit on the radds see if everything is fine, check the shematic but from memory there a 220uf cap on the 3v3 and a 4.7k resistor + a 10uf cap by thermistor output.

You can also test the due loading a random analog code exemple see if the analog pin are all working fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2016 04:37AM by GroupB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login