Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone knows this 3D Printer board ?

Posted by LeanBikkes 
Anyone knows this 3D Printer board ?
March 15, 2017 11:22AM
I try to load the new marlin without success.

Maybe someone knows this fu.... board ? is there a special firmware for this bastard ?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2017 01:08PM by LeanBikkes.
Attachments:
open | download - WP_20170315_12_05_57_Pro.jpg (317.2 KB)
open | download - WP_20170315_12_06_08_Pro.jpg (269.8 KB)
open | download - WP_20170315_12_06_16_Pro.jpg (434.8 KB)
open | download - WP_20170315_12_06_32_Pro.jpg (261.6 KB)
Re: Anyone knows this 3D Printer board ?
March 15, 2017 03:58PM
Wow, that is the weirdest board I have seen in a long time

What did it come out of?

Sorry no idea what it is, but you can clearly see it is a atmega of some sort (cant read the number)
So In theory marlin could be made to run with the correct motherboard definition

I would guess its ramps compatible.. but there is no way to tell if they have followed the standard pinout till you try it. (or trace it out)

I would backup the current firmware, eeprom and fuse setting before you do anything...
March 15, 2017 05:10PM
Dust
Wow, that is the weirdest board I have seen in a long time

What did it come out of?

Sorry no idea what it is, but you can clearly see it is a atmega of some sort (cant read the number)
So In theory marlin could be made to run with the correct motherboard definition

I would guess its ramps compatible.. but there is no way to tell if they have followed the standard pinout till you try it. (or trace it out)

I would backup the current firmware, eeprom and fuse setting before you do anything...

yeap, its an ATMEGA2560.

But i try every convination of motherboard, like RAMPS, Rambo, and others wthout success.

There is no backup sad smiley

I hope someone knows what is this thing, a friend give it to me, he says that a Delta printer from ebay got this controller.
March 15, 2017 08:25PM
I suspect your going to have to trace it all out then...

shouldn't be to hard, its quite modular. Only 100 pins, minus all the gnds and power.

1) trace the serial converter chip, which com port is it attached to. get basic serial working. (only 4 com ports, so even a simple sketch to open up all 4 serial ports and print a string "I am comp port X", and watch the arduino serial monitor for output to work out which ones connected)
2) trace out the input pins, ie endstops
3) trace out the mosfet pins
4) trace out the stepper driver pins, might be just step direction and enable, but may have microstepping options also

At this stage its now usable

5) then work on lcd...

To me this seem like a fun challenge... but I suspect others will be screaming throw it away, get a ramps system for $20...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login