Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS / uno for simple extrusion on signal

Posted by evo85210 
MKS / uno for simple extrusion on signal
July 05, 2019 09:23AM
I'm trying to convert a 3D printer into an end effector for a robot.
Basically I want to control the following based on a digital output from the robot controller:
  • nozzle heating
  • extrusion

would you guys recommend i modify the marlin fw and the mks gen 1.3 board to accomplish this?
or create a new sketch on a arduino uno?

What i want:
robot controller outputs digital signal A -> nozzle heats up to predefined temperature and maintains it.
robot controller outputs digital signal B -> motor start extruding at predifined speed
signal B stop - > motor stops extruding
signal A stops -> nozzle stops heating/stops maintaining temperature.
VDX
Re: MKS / uno for simple extrusion on signal
July 05, 2019 09:29AM
... you can use an external temperature controller for heating ... and you should use the normal extruder STEP signals for extruding, as they are "synchronized" for constant extruding volume, regardless of acceleration or speed ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 08, 2019 09:01AM
well, i'm thinking I already have a working printer with temp control and stepper motors, soI'm thinking it'd be easier to modify the marlin fw somehow so instead of reading a gcode for extrusion, it'd extrude base on external signal.

but as far as i can tell, the mks board doesn't have input pins, that's why i proposed maybe it's possible with a uno board
July 08, 2019 05:54PM
most if not all digital IO pins can be inputs....

"turn on extruder" is not a concept marlin understands
It understand extrude a amount at a feed rate...
July 09, 2019 04:02PM
I was thinking using extrude relative to solve that problem, ie:

while(pin_signal){
G1 E1.5 F1500
}

obv there's complicated problems like adjusting length, rate and robot speed to create the best results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login