Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BIGTREETECH SKR v1.3 + Full Graphics Display constantly resets

Posted by tgmorris99 
BIGTREETECH SKR v1.3 + Full Graphics Display constantly resets
June 26, 2019 11:15AM
I just brought up a BIGTREETECH SKR v1.3 using Marlin bugfix-2.0.x and everything seems to work correctly using Pronterface on my HyperCube. The bed & extruder heat correctly and everything moves and homes as it should. Instead of moving over the A4988 drivers from the existing Ramps 1.4 board I installed TMC2208 v3.0 uart drivers to quiet things down. When I plug in the ReprapDiscount Full Graphics Display it powers up but has 2 areas of "garbage" which is then followed by the splash screen and then the system appears to reset based on the fact Pronterface loses its connection and the splash screen shows up again.

I vaguely remember reading about some conflict with the TMC2208 and the display but failed to bookmark it. The video on YouTube by BIGTREETECH seems to indicate it should work. I'm fairly certain I caught all the necessary changes to implement the display so not sure what's going on here other than a missed config change or a HW conflict.

I'm not at home at the moment or I'd post the config changes. I do know the display works as it was running fine on the Ramps 1.4 and Marlin 1.x.
Re: BIGTREETECH SKR v1.3 + Full Graphics Display constantly resets
June 26, 2019 03:15PM
I think your miss remembering, conflict is spi screen and spi stepper drivers. Ie Full graphics and TMC2130

Leave the LCD configured but remove the screen, see if it continues to reboot, ie is it a power problem or a code problem. (it will show startup information on pronterface)
June 26, 2019 03:25PM
That's good news on the potential conflict.

Sorry if I didn't mention it but things seem to work just fine without the LCD plugged into the 2 connectors. I haven't done any printing but everything heats and moves correctly via Pronterface. Although when doing the Pronterface connection nothing prints out (simply says printer is online) unless I send commands.

I guess the other test is to turn off the display in Marlin and then plug it in and see if things still reboot.
June 26, 2019 05:58PM
Very interesting, I had this happen once after I had completely renewed my Ramps and added TMC2208's and Marlin 2.x. The screen kept turning off and then shows the load screen as if stuck in an infinite reboot loop. However, it disappeared after turning it off and on a few times with wait times in between. I do not know what caused nor fixed this problem. Obviously I was using it in UART mode and I had connected three steppers the wrong way where I switched the Rx and Tx pins but that shouldn't do any damage, let alone cause a reboot sequence to loop.

This was a month ago and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 05:58PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 26, 2019 07:47PM
Turns out it was the watchdog timer causing it. I turned it off and the display works just fine. However this seems like a bug as the watchdog timer probably shouldn't cause a reset during the startup process.
August 11, 2019 01:04AM
Hi, I have REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER and not sure if my is the same as yours.

I am trying to get the display to work but no luck, I have uncomment REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER and uploaded to the board and pressed
the reset button.

If you have the same display as mine, could you mind check the file that I have attached and see what I went wrong that cause the display not showing?

On the side note, the display work perfectly fine when connected to MK Gen L but not BigTreeTech SKR v1.3
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (80.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login