Stepper Motor Driver v1.2 in the UK
December 09, 2008 01:58PM
Hi Everyone,

I am just building up my laser cut kit from Bits from Bytes. I have just got to the stage where I want to start controlling the motors. I was planning on using an Arduino board as I am familiar with them, and now I am looking for a suitable motor driver board. I can't seem to find anyone making the Stepper Motor Driver v1.2 in the UK so aside from building it from scratch myself can anyone recommend any alternatives.

Many thanks

Simon
emt
Re: Stepper Motor Driver v1.2 in the UK
December 09, 2008 02:04PM
Hi

I ended up buying the PCB's from RRF.

I then had to buy some components from there as well as I could not obtain them in small quantities in the UK. So your best bet may be to just buy the Kits from RRF. The parts I have ordered always arrive promptly using US post.

Regards

Ian
December 09, 2008 02:53PM
I bought the full electronics kit from the RRRF too. All the boards and components are there, and it's easy to put them together.

You could build similar boards and find alternative uk components, but it would probably be much more effort. Unless you wanted to do it for fun.
December 10, 2008 06:09AM
The files necessary to make the boards are in the SVN so you could create your own boards, for example; using a laser printer and toner transfer to mask the board for etching.

The parts finder should have references to UK locations for the components, but I've not used it in quite a while and only for the PIC electronics.

In the end I used boards from RRRF and components from Farnell

All that said I doubt you would regret buying the complete kit and saving yourself from ferric chloride and several evenings of going through parts catalogs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login