Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stepstick with no limit rotating trimpot

Posted by jatmega 
stepstick with no limit rotating trimpot
March 23, 2013 07:59PM
Hi

I bought some stepsticks on ebay a month ago and was going to test them today, but it was kind of easier said than done...

I went to the stepstick page on reprap.org and got to the place where you are told to turn the trimpot all the way anticlockwise. I started turning, and kept on turning and turning and turning until I realized that there was no end to this turning. The trimpot got a notch on the "screwhead" that you adjust. From 1 to 3 i measure 6.06k ohm on the trimpot.

If i look at it this way:

-----2-----
| |
| |
-1-------3-

from where do I want to measure the resistance when i want to limit the current adjusting it from 0 and up to the wished level, and do I want it to be set at high or low resistance?
Re: stepstick with no limit rotating trimpot
March 25, 2013 04:15AM
It's not really the resistance you should be measuring, although you can if you want. Normally, you measure the voltage between the trimpot "wiper" and ground. Obviously you need to have them installed and the machine powered up. Some trimpots will turn continuously unfortunately
March 25, 2013 11:04AM
Thanks, it worked.
March 26, 2013 08:40AM
Both continously rotable and non continously rotable trimpots are available in the market. There are good articles about trimpots available in the resistorguide website.
March 30, 2013 02:20PM
in my bid to mod the stepstick, i think the place where i could find these SMD trimmers are element14 (in my local)

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login