Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any word on the electronic kits comming back instock at RRRF?

Posted by SCphotog 
Any word on the electronic kits comming back instock at RRRF?
December 15, 2008 05:22AM
I have been hoping to see the complete electronics kit come back in stock over at rrrf. anyone know if they will ever come back in stock?
sid
Re: Any word on the electronic kits comming back instock at RRRF?
December 15, 2008 06:04AM
Well I'm not Zach, who is the only one who knows for sure ...

But I'm pretty sure the complete kit will be back in stock.
maybe it's just because there is no arduino diecimila anymore, because the duemilanove was just released.
Maybe somethings changed and one of the boards need revision.
Or maybe he just ran out of parts;
as I said, only Zach knows for sure.

Afaik you can preorder out of stock items... so just drop him a line, place your order and sit back grinning smiley

'sid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 06:07AM by sid.
December 16, 2008 11:35AM
Actually, looks like they're back in stock. Just got word that my set was shipped! The RRRF Store shows he's got a number of them in.

Might want to jump on them; they tend to go out of stock pretty quickly. Last time around I ordered all the electronics separately, but it was a pain in the rear, especially the 30 pages of customs documents detailing every resistor and header pin.

I'd recommend getting Zach's breakout board too, either the Arduino or the Sanguino one. They make wiring, and subsequently changing your wiring, much simpler and cleaner.

Edit:
On second look, I see that the kit includes an Arduino breakout board - perfect!

Wade

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 11:59AM by Wade Bortz.
December 16, 2008 12:23PM
wait a minute though,

why is the full kit $150, when by my maths, the kit would only cost $135.25 when each of the individual kits are bought separately. does it also come with cables or some other item that isn't listed?

note: i'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist or anything. i just don't need the arduino breakout shield (already bought the sanguino and sanguino breakout kits from RRRF.) and when i was doing the tracking for the not quite complete set i need i noticed it was more than $25 less than the kit asking price. i just figured you might be saving money by buying as a kit.

is there something i'm (and maybe many others) are missing?

andres
December 16, 2008 04:08PM
Huh, you're right. I got the same total when I added it up. You'd think the full kit would be slightly cheaper.
December 16, 2008 11:04PM
Man I hope they are still in stock when I get back home. I should have a nice fat check waiting on me from the University I shoot sports for. I spent a little more on Christmas presents this year than I had planned. But my mother will love her new iPhone right? And I just had to get my pregnant sister and her husband a Wii right? And I just absolutely had to build my self a new computer and buy an ipod touch for myself right? Man its times like this I hate being a tech junkie.
December 18, 2008 12:29AM
^^Haha I know how that goes. I spend too much on electronics stuff. I'm lucky I'm getting the electronics stuff for Christmas.
sid
December 18, 2008 04:45AM
I guess you're wrong winking smiley
the kit contains 6 not three endstops
(although he wrote three, he packed six; look at the image and substract the arduino and usb cable)
and the 3ft ethernet patch cable
so that's 145 exactly

so not that bad as you think winking smiley

'sid

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 04:48AM by sid.
December 18, 2008 01:57PM
sid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess you're wrong winking smiley
> the kit contains 6 not three endstops
> (although he wrote three, he packed six; look at
> the image and substract the arduino and usb
> cable)
> and the 3ft ethernet patch cable
> so that's 145 exactly
>
> so not that bad as you think winking smiley
>

Actually my kit only came with three endstops.
> 'sid
sid
December 19, 2008 05:33AM
Oh really?
Mine came with six, that's why I said so...

'sid
December 19, 2008 11:11AM
sid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh really?
> Mine came with six, that's why I said so...
>
> 'sid

Yeah, so I think the word would be if you are going the Sanguino route it's best to order the kits that you actually need, until they come up with a Sanguino bundle.

If anyone wants my spare Arduino Breakout Shield v1.4 Kit in the states.

Send me a UPS account number to charge the shipping too so I can just hand it off to my shipping clerk. (First come, first serve!).
December 19, 2008 05:02PM
freds I will take the breakout shield. I don't have a UPS account tho. I'll be more than happy to pay for shipping through another method tho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login